BAAM (4)

Pic of Marcus' car =>

As I watched the sleek black car pull away down the street I couldn't help but wonder who was driving it.

It was late, very late, so I went into the back to sneak past my parents, who seemed to still be up if the visitor was any indication. I turned the knob to the back door and let out a sigh of relief. Going in, I slowly and quietly shut the door behind me.I made my way through the kitchen and to the entrance to the living room, where my parents were sitting on the couch. The couch was faced away from the stairs and the kitchen so I was sure I'd be able to sneak past them if I were sly enough. I tiptoed to the stairs and as I was about to put my foot on the first stair....

"You should of used the window," my dad's voice rang from the couch. He and mom were still turned away from me. I was frozen in place, one foot ready to set down. Dad turned around and looked right at me. "Not that it would've helped you go unnoticed. Sit" He cocked his head to show me to sit between him and mom. Not good.

I backed away from the stairs and took my "you're in deep trouble" seat. I looked at mom and her face held nothing but disappointment. Her lips were perched and her arms were tensely crossed over her chest. I looked at dad and he did the same thing.

We sat in the quiet for what felt like ages. Dad, being the head of the household, spoke first.

"It's late. You were out way past curfew." He looked over at me and glared down. "The party was over for you hours ago. And you know what your mother and I found out? You weren't invited to that party after all." Dad lost his glare and hurt replaced it. "You lied to me, Holly."

To tell the truth, this was the very first time I've ever lied to my dad. I've lied to my mom plenty of times, but never my dad. I was definitely a "daddy's girl" and we promised to always be truthful to one another. I could tell that my dad was seriously crushed with my breaking of that promise and all to just rebel about being here in Evanswood.

I looked down at my folded hands placed in my lap. "I know," I whispered. I drew in a shaky breath, trying not to cry. "I'm sorry." I looked at my dad with watery eyes. I told him how upset I was leaving New York and my friends behind. I told him how frustrated I was that I'd have to start my life over and attend a new school where I didn't know anybody. I told him about how being the new kid was every girls worst nightmare.

Dad and mom sat and listened, anger washing away and in its place, understanding. Mom wrapped her arms around me and told me that she understood where I was coming from. By now I was in tears and shoved my face on her shoulder. She tried comforting me by saying that it wasn't going to be as bad as I made it out to be. Dad rubbed circles along my back.

We sat there for twenty minutes when Chris came down the stairs rubbing his sleepy eyes with one hand and cuddling his blankie and Mr. Snuggles with his other.

"Mommy, daddy, can I sleep with you tonight? Mr. Snuggles had a nightmare and woke me up and he won't go back to sleep unless he's sleeping in your room."

Mom sighed, gave me a squeeze and got up to help Christopher. "Sure, baby. C'mon, let's go to bed - it's late." She picked him up and headed up the stairs. "Good-night, Holly. Good-night, Matt."

"G'night!," both my dad and I replied. "G'night, Chris!"

"Night, sissy. Night, daddy." He yawned and cuddled up in mom's arms.

Dad and I talked a little more and then I was told to go to bed.

A week later and I was starting my new school. I wasn't sure how I was going to present myself for my first day at Evanswood High. I could go as creepy goth girl, - black tutu with neon green netting and matching stripe knee-high socks, black corset with neon green lace up the back and ribbons on the sides, black boots with straps and buckles, fingerless gloves, green extensions for my hair, and dark makeup - cheerleader preppy girl, - pink plaid schoolgirl mini skirt, pink pumps, white button-up shirt with pink plaid tie, pearl accessories, light makeup with plenty of gloss, and my hair in waves - hyper rocker girl, - skinny dark wash ripped jeans with stud belt, red chuck taylors, slipknot band t-shirt, stud and spike accessories, medium-heavy makeup, and quick dye my hair a bright red - or everyday ordinary girl, - khaki capris, navy tank top with 3/4 sleeve jacket, flip flops or tennis shoes, beaded necklace and matching earrings, bangles, ponytail, and light-medium makeup. My best bet would probably be the ordinary girl look.