BAAM (16)

Pic of Holly's bedroom =>

I can't express how bored I was. Being in wolf form sure can be a downer. I lyed on my floor - not wanting to get my bed hairy - wondering why any of them would want to be in their wolf forms, if this is what they had to show for it. Rolling over - and boy did I hate using that kind of reference - I flopped on my other side, looking out the doors to the sunny sky and tree tops. What I wouldn't give to go for a walk right then. Ugh, stupid canine thoughts. Was it just me thinking this way, because that's how I felt I should think, or is that how a werewolf was supposed to think? Like your common house dog, but with a little more energy that needed to be contained or relieved.

I was free to roam the house since Leslie was no longer around, and Chris seemed to be fine with the whole your-sister's-a-werewolf-much -like-a-regular-wolf thing. However, I didn't feel much like walking around the house on four legs. I was so ready to magically turn back into a human, but that didn't seem like it was going to happen, much to my disappointment. To top it off, Marcus "volunteered" to show me how to hunt in the evening, just as the sun would be at the horizon. Hunt what exactly? I wasn't about to go out there and kill some poor helpless little bunny. Or some deer, that probably had it's young to care for. If that was the case, I was going to become a vegetarian that very minute.

Alana's pov:

I had received news that the Jeffersons and the Saunders came back home from their cabin the other day. Holly was still "trapped" in her wolf form. Apparently, she didn't like it much - being in wolf form. Good, she doesn't deserve to be a true werewolf. She doesn't deserve Marcus. At first I was okay with Marcus finding his "mate", because she hadn't turned yet, and she was already seventeen years old. I thought she had no chance with Marcus, because she wouldn't be able to be with him anytime he was in wolf form. And during the full moon, when we would all hunt together as a pack and stay in our wolf forms all night, she'd be stuck at home, doing whatever potential hunters do. Now that she has turned, she has become competition. I couldn't let her have Marcus. I couldn't let her take my place as Alpha Bitch.

I was supposed to meet with Eliza, Austin's wife and Hunter and Layla's mother, tonight. She wasn't all too pleased that Austin and I had made a deal, and so she decided that we should talk about this deal. It seemed she had some favors to ask of me. However, I had been waiting for a whole hour straight, and no Eliza. She was trying my patience, not a very good thing to do when the werewolf is angry, hunter or not, I was on a mission and she would suffer my wrath, should I had to wait much longer.

Marcus's pov:

I made my way to Holly's as the sun was lowering. The last rays beamed a golden glow, causing everything to have a warm, peaceful look. When I stopped in front of her house, I made the decision to climb into her room from the tree that was close to her window, instead of using the front door. Element of surprise. First lesson for Holly: always be prepared for the unexpected.

Holly's pov (normal):

My furry, pointed ears twitched and drew forward as they heard a soft rustling sound. I raised my head and focused my eyes out the window. The tree's branches were moving and it was slightly shaking. I pointed my nose in the same direction and took a couple of quick sniffs. Cinnamon, fresh spring rain, mint, and a hint of dirt. Marcus was here. Giving my eyes a roll, or at least tried to, I stood on my four paws and went to the balcony. I sat, waiting.

A tanned hand grabbed the edge of the balcony, and soon Marcus's head popped up. Then I lunged. Bad move.

It seemed like a good idea at the time, but as Marcus and I fell to the ground, I realized that it wasn't. Marcus was quick to wrap his arms around me and we landed on the ground with him on his back and me kicking in the air on top of him. The landing was hard and a muffled thud could be heard if you were a few feet from us. Marcus groaned and let go of me, giving me the freedom to to get off of him, which I did. He slowly peeled himself of the grass, twisting his torso, then raised to his feet, seemingly unharmed.