BAAM (18)

Pic of Hunter =>

Holly's pov:

Calm. That's how I felt. Just, calm. The pain was gone. The insane burning, gone. There was no tiredness. No soreness. Nothing but sweet, sweet calmness. I was lying on an incredibly soft couch, with a robe wrapped around me. That's when I noticed it. I was back. Instead of paws, I had human hands, and arms and legs. My hands wandered up to my face. No muzzle, no snout, no fur. Human. Total and complete human. Letting out a sigh of relief, I looked around me. I recognized the living room. The Jeffersons. This was the Jefferson's house. What am I doing here? I thought to myself. Movement from the kitchen doorway caught my eye. Marcus. He stood there, leaning against the door frame, arms crossed over his broad shoulders. A look of concern worrying his green eyes.

"I brought you here after you turned back." I must have projected my thoughts to him. "Yeah, you did." His usual smirk spread out across his lips.

I halfheartedly glared at him and sat up. I had just noticed that he was the only one in the house with me, from the smell of it, anyway. "Where is everyone?"

Marcus pushed himself from the frame and came closer to me, sitting on the edge of the couch by my curled up feet. "Your parents went to get you a change of clothes and mom and dad are watching the kids playing outside in the pool." I nodded in reply. "So how are you feeling?"

"Better. Much, better." I stretched out my arms in front of me. "It feels good to be human again," I laughed.

Marcus smiled. "Being in wolf form isn't all that bad."

"Nope," I popped the 'p', "it's worse." Marcus cracked a small smile. "I couldn't do anything but laze around and be bored all the time. I mean, seriously, how do real wolves do it?"

Marcus shrugged. "It's not really boring, you just have to find something that you like to do while in wolf form. Then, you'll probably prefer to be in wolf form than your human form."

I shook my head. "I don't think so. I could never prefer wolf form over human form. In fact, I don't plan on being in wolf form ever again." I suddenly felt Marcus become very tense. "What?" I asked, a little concerned about his change in mood.

Marcus spoke slowly, as if trying to word what he was saying right, or as to not upset me. "You won't always have a choice to be in wolf form or not, Holly."

"What do you mean I won't always have a choice?" I demanded. Of course I have a choice. I will always have a choice. If he planned on forcing my wolf to come out, he had another thing coming.

"For three days a month, we're forced to give into our wolf. It takes complete control of us, as if we're no different than your common average wolf. The second day is the worst. That's the full moon, or in our case, the wolf moon. We actually become blood thirsty animals like you see in horror movies. All humanity is completely wiped from your mind, and you have no choice but to give into the animal. Most of us chain ourselves up, or lock ourselves in a cage. Others just pick a secluded place and roam around, those wolves don't last long, what with the hunters and all." Marcus paused, placing his hands over his face. "That's how I lost my brother, my twin, Reagan. He was killed when we were ten. He was supposed to be in a cage, but he had some how got a hold of the spare key and went to roam around in the woods. A hunter got to him sometime during that night. We never did find his body. The hunters made sure of that." Marcus sat up and removed his hands from his face. "He was supposed to be the new alpha - he was first born - and I was supposed to be his beta."

I didn't notice my eyes tearing up until a few spilled over, running down my cheeks. "I'm sorry, Marcus." I sat with my legs folded underneath me and drew him into a comforting hug. He leaned into me a hugged back. I couldn't believe he shared that with me. "Im so, so sorry, Marcus." Though I felt bad for Marcus losing his brother at such a young age, I couldn't help but be frightened about the three days that I HAD to be a wolf. Not to mention, those three days were approaching, and fast. I had a lot of questions.