BAAM (26)

Pic of Holly's outfit =>

The week is half gone. Already and it was Wednesday, not a good day to go to school. When I woke up in the morning I had one thing on my mind. Confront Hunter. And maybe even find out if Layla knew anything about his and Eliza's plan. Though it's been suggested that I stay home for the week, I'm too restless to stay home. Alone in a bug house is not my idea of a "relaxing" time. I was more than ready to have a big test slapped in front of me. Crazy? Yes, but am seriously that bored.

Getting out of bed I went to my closet in search of something to wear. I grabbed a black tube top with a pink belt, a pair of ripped jeans and black sandals. Searching in my closet more I found a pink jacket that would match my top perfectly. After putting my clothes on I went into my bathroom to apply my makeup and style my hair in loose curls. Grabbing my bookbag and tote, I headed to the stairs.

My parents looked at me in shock as they saw me walk down the stairs. They hadn't expected me to wake up this early while supposedly on bed rest. Chris was oblivious of me approaching the kitchen, too busy stuffing his mouth with blueberry pancakes smothered in syrup.

"Holly, what are you doing out of bed?" dad asked me as he flipped a pancake in the skillet. "Shouldn't you be resting?"

"Last time I checked, I had to wake up in order to go to school," I teased.

Mom looked me over. "I don't know, Holly. I think you should stay home for the rest of the week, like Dr. Harris suggested."

I poured me a tall glass of milk before answering. "Suggested is the key word, mom. He didn't demand, or even insist, that I stay in bed all week."

Dad came over and sat the hot pancake on the plate in front of me. He went back to making another one while he asked, "I thought you wanted to stay home?"

"That was before I found out how dull it is to be home by myself all day." I took a bite of pancake and washed it down with the cool milk. "Besides," I exclaimed, "you should be happy that I want to go to school instead of shriving up in my bedroom. Aren't I an angel?"

Mom and dad rolled their eyes.

"Is that a no, then?" I asked.

Just then Chris had the bright idea to put his sticky fingers in mom's hair. Mom shrieked as she lift Chris's hand away from her head. Her hair was sticking to his fingers like glue. "Chris!" she shouted. "Why did you do that!?" She got up, pulling her now sticky hair away from Chris' equally sticky fingers. "Now I have to rewash my hair!" Mom sighed i frustration. "Matt, after you finish up there, will you get him ready for pre-k?" She stomped upstairs before dad could reply.

"Sorry, mommy!" Chris called out. He was ready to burst into tears. He looked at dad and me. "It was an accident," he explained. "I was trying to get the gray string out of mommy's hair."

Dad looked at me knowingly. I tried to cover up my smile. We both knew that wasn't a string.

"Don't tell your mom that, buddy," said dad. He was trying not to chuckle.

"Yeah," I said to Chris. "Just like mom told you not to tell dad that he's balding." I paused. "Oops!"

Dad sent me a glare before turning around and running a hand through his hair. "I'm not balding," he mumbled.

"Yeah, and mom's not turning gray!" I laughed.

"Didn't you say you were going to school?" he asked.

I got up, even though I didn't finish my pancake. I'd get something at school. "Already gone," I said as I grabbed my keys and headed out the door.