BAAM (11)

Holly's pov (normal pov):

Marcus left, and everything went down hill from there.

Howard and dad were trying to fix lunch, which was a surprise considering mom and Glory usually do all the cooking in their households. The key word here is "trying". I really couldn't tell you what it was that they were preparing, it looked like meatloaf, but slid apart like a pile of pudding. Glory and mom were currently playing a game with Chris, Arista, and Peyson, an old board game, Fready Cat. I went upstairs to change.

Coming back down into the living room I asked mom if she'd seen Leslie.

"She asked if she could use the car to head into town for some snacks she wanted. Your father was a bit worried, letting her drive your car, but I pointed out that you tend to trust Leslie with everything, you'd even trust her with your ferarri. Not that I like her driving your car, but I did say that I'd give her a chance."

Mom wouldn't be keeping her word if she knew what Leslie wanted me to do. I'm pretty sure mom still didn't know that Leslie was currently pregnant. She was right, I would trust Leslie with everything, well, almost everything.

"Okay, did she say when she'll be back?"

"Just as soon as she finds what she's looking for." Mom let out an angry shriek as the dog sent her cat flying.

I was about to ask Glory why Marcus would suddenly leave after hearing a dog howl when the front door burst open, revealing Leslie, followed by two very familiar people.

"....My lonesome, so I decided to come here and visit," Leslie said, finishing her conversation with them. "Oh! Just the girl we wanted to see." Leslie came over to me and flung her arm around my shoulder. "So, Holly, I just ran into your friends in town, I had no idea who they were, but somehow they knew I knew you." The next thing she said was whispered so no one else could hear, "why didn't you tell me you made a very hot friend?" she demanded.

I simply shrugged. I was still in shock that Hunter and Layla were here. I could only imagine what Marcus's reaction would be. On second thought, Hunter and Layla are here, yippie!! "Hey guys! How'd you know that Leslie knew me?"

"I hope we're not intruding," Layla softly shut the door and looked around nervously, obviously seeing my mom and Glory's stiff figures and hard glares. "Hunter and I were at the market, trying to find some things our parents wanted us to buy for them, when I literally bumped into Leslie, I don't know, I had this strange feeling that she knew you, and....I don't know, I asked her if she knew you and, yeah, here we are." Layla gave a nervous laugh and cast a quick, watchful glance at mom and Glory.

Hunter, who had been strangely quiet during Layla's babbling, stepped forward with a smile and drew me into an unexpected hug.

"I hope you don't mind, Holly, I kind of told them they were welcome to hang around here for a little while," Leslie said.

"Oh, yeah, sure, no problem. I'm actually glad you two are here, I've been wanting to ask you some-" but I was interrupted by my dad.

"They can't stay, Holly," he demanded. "We're going to be quite busy today, a lot to do before we have to go back home tomorrow."

Well, this sucks! Am I never going to be able to find out what's going on?!

I looked back to Hunter and Layla, then turned back to my dad. "One hour?" I asked him.

Dad glared at Layla and sent an even more heated glare at Hunter. "One hour, not a second more." With that he turned around and headed back into the kitchen.

I motioned for Leslie, Layla and Hunter to follow me to the family room. I popped in a movie, Cry Baby, Johnny Depp was so hot when he was younger, he's the only reason why I watch Cry Baby, that and the fact that the movie is strangely addictive, though before my time. I could hear Hunter groan in disappointment as the movie started. However, Layla and Leslie seemed to share my feelings about the movie. I sat between Hunter and Leslie, Layla next to Leslie.