BAAM (15)

Pic of Arista and Peyson in wolf form =>

Leslie was going home today. She was curious as to where I ran off to, my parents told her I needed time to cool off and went to visit my grandparents. I'm not sure she bought it. We were going home today, too, much to my disappointment. Sad thing was, I was still stuck as a wolf. Though, I've gotten a little used to being a wolf, I didn't feel entirely human, which was not okay. I was able to be around Chris, after slowly being "reintroduced", as well as Peyson and Arista. They would come into my room multiple times and play with me. It was strange, I was more playful in my wolf form, that I would play with the little kids. Arista and Peyson would change into their wolf forms and Chris would throw a tennis ball for the three of us to retrieve. Yes, we were playing fetch, like the dogs we were. That actually sounds embarrassing, now.

I was allowed to go run at night, with Marcus's supervision, of course. I still wasn't entirely sure about this being "mates" thing. I've been eating a lot, too. I used to hate steak that showed just the slightest bit of pink, and not eat it, now, I've been wanting to eat it while it's still gushing blood. I guess werewolves aren't picky eaters.

Lying on the floor in my room, I could hear Leslie saying "good-bye" to my family and the Jeffersons. A taxi cab was waiting for her outside. She asked them to tell me to call her when I came back home. I felt bad that I was not able to see her off, and that during the whole three-day weekend I had barely spoken to her. However, she was a strong girl, and knew it was nothing personal. When I heard the front door close behind her I nudged my bedroom door open and sprinted down the stairs.

"Oh, Holly!" mom exclaimed, "I'll help you pack once I'm done doing my own packing."

"I'll help her, Mrs. Saunders," Marcus offered.

I growled at him. No way was he going to get the chance of seeing my....delicates.

Raising his hands up in surrender he retreated his offer. "Okay, okay, I can take a hint. Leave that for the honeymoon," he winked.

Giving an angry bark, I took chase, snapping at his heels. I chased him all the way up the stairs and down the hallway, before he ran into his room and slammed the door on my face, almost smashing my nose in. I repeatedly growled low in my throat, digging at the carpet meeting the door, trying in vein to get in. His laughter on the other side only fueled my anger.

Movement in the corner of my eye caused me to stop my obsessive digging. It was Howard, coming for the girls' room, carrying a few bags. He took one look at me and where I was and shook his head, a small smile making it's way on his countenance. "If he doesn't learn soon, he never will, hey Holly?" His voice was light and joyous, almost as if he found pleasure in Marcus's continuing teasing.

Snorting, I raised my upper lip and gave a short huff, then continued on my digging.

A few minutes later....

I was worn out. I flopped on my side, right in front of Marcus's door and tried to catch my breath. Con of being stuck in wolf form? Can't open closed doors, even if they're unlocked. Marcus must of known I gave up, because the door opened, revealing a smug Marcus, carrying multiple loaded bags. To put salt to the wound, he bent down to my level and patted me on the head, say, "good girl!" in a high, squeaky voice, like one who might use on your common house dog. Too tired to do anything else, I snapped my head away from this hand and gave him a glare, baring my teeth. "Your bark is worse than your bite, Holly." Humph, I'll show you bite....some other time. He made his way down the stairs, my glaring eyes following his every move, and I continued to lay there.

Some time went by before mom showed up, ready to help me pack. So not ready to do this.

"Well, come on lazy bones, we got some packing to do. Though, knowing you, some actually turns into a lot," she laughed.

Yeah, haha, very funny, mom. I'm not as materialistic as you, Mrs. I-have-to-have-it-in-every-color-known-to-man. If she could have one thing in the world, it would be her own private shopping mall.

Needless to say, packing took a couple of hours. Mainly form me barking out orders as to where each item goes, and her deliberately ignoring me. Hello, I'm a wolf, not invisible. It was when she was getting the things out of the top dresser drawer, which happened to be for my socks, undies and bras, that we found it, much to my embarrassment. Leslie had given me a "gift" just incase I decided to hook up with Marcus - a condom, followed by a short letter.

'Just in case you decide he's totally worth it, don't make the same mistake I did, with love your bff, Leslie. P.S. I've hidden a box full under your bed.'

Mom raised a perfectly arched brow at me and proceeded to look under the bed. Raising back up, she held a blue box. Oh dear Lord, strike me down, now. "I think I'll hold on to these for a while," she told me. "We may be having a talk later," she said pointedly, "when you're back into your human form."

Hurry up, ground! Open up and swallow me whole. I don't want, yet another, sex talk, especially with mom. I'm still scared from the last time. Though, I guess it wasn't as bad as when I asked dad where babies come from when I was around five. He used my favorite Barbie and Ken dolls, I was never able to play with barbies after that.

This is all Leslie's fault. She sure knows how to leave with a bang. Only, this time, it's me who's getting shot.

Everyone was packed and ready to go home. Giving one last longing look to the cabin, I reclutantly jumped into the car. Mom offered to drive my ferrari for me. I watched the cabin as it became small and hidden away in the trees. Silently, I made a promise to myself that I would come back soon. Very soon.