Chapter 12: All I ask

Ezra POV:

"Ezra" Doves voice whispers. "Yeah?" I wonder.

"I need..." Dove voice trails off . I immediately turn my car around in her direction knowing there's something wrong . "I need you to come pick me up" Dove finishes.

"Okay Dove where are you ?" I ask worried. "I'm inside my house I don't remember locking the door, so it should be open" Dove explains. I can hear her voice trembling in the back. She's hurt.

"Okay I'll be there in a minute. Hold on love." Everything was happening so quickly I didn't understand. I was just with her, she has to be okay. Tonight was the best I've had in along time, I finally got to be with Dove, even so all that can turn to coal in a blink of an eye.

I was worried, I worry about Dove a lot I know she's hiding a lot of things, but she not ready to express them yet which I understand.I mean look at me I can't even tell her the biggest secret I've been holding back since I've met her.

I park into Doves drive way and quickly walk to the front door. What didn't expect was for Dove to be on the ground when I walk in. My eyes are shocked, I pick her up gently off the ground and grab her belongings off the floor. I walk her back to my car and place her the front seat.

"I'll be right back." I kiss her on the forehead and walk back into the house quietly. I knew something was up with Dove and her parents at home and figured she might need to stay with me for awhile or forever, I just want her to be safe. I go to the room which I think is Doves and grab all her clothes and needs, and fit them in the suit case I found in her room.

That's when I hear the door creak open.

Shit

An older man walks through the door. "Oh you must be the lucky boy that has been dazzling my Dove" he says.

"I'm Todd, Doves father, she probably doesn't mention me a lot, but she sure says my name quiet often" The man states with a smirk. Dove said her father isn't in her life this must be her moms husband. However what does he mean by she says his name quiet often?

I zip up Doves suit case. "It was nice to meet you sir." I lie. "Hey kid you may have her now, but I had her first and she was a terrific in bed enjoy" The man gives me a dirty wink. My heart drops so fast. Anger has built up in me, I bawled my fist up and before I know it my fist is in the man's face. He falls to the ground and groans.

"That was for my girl, and if you ever come near her again I'll fuck your life up" I scolded as I walked over his body and roll the suit case on his stomach.

I hurried down the steps to the car. I put the suit case in the back and begin to drive. "Hold on Dove we'll be there soon" I start speeding to the hospital with my hand on Dove. She's shaking badly and her face is beat up, I could see bruises everywhere on her.

"Help!" I shout out when walking into the automated doors. Doves eyes were starting to close and she was lighter then usual, I hated seeing her in pain. A few doctors and nurses start to bring a gurney, I gently placed her on there. I started to walk with her until a nurse stopped me. "Let me go with her please" I was near to crying, but I knew Dove wouldn't like that.

"Sir who are you to the patient" The nurse asked. "I'm her brother" I lie. They wouldn't let me in if I said I was her boyfriend and I needed to be with her, I didn't want her to be alone.