Chapter 30: to be loved

Dove POV:

"My family has own this house since I was like four." Pearl explains while we set up the back yard.

Josie and Pearls parents and the Miller family were setting up front yard for the adults. Today was the 4th of July party we decided to invite the whole town to party.

"I'm gonna go get more coal for the grill inside." I say throwing the other bag away.

Lots of people from school are joining us today, and it was fine because their parents were allowed to come. We were separated anyways since the teens are in the back yard and the adults were in the front. Pearls twin little siblings are in the small kitty pool, and Ezra and Milo siblings are joining us too.

After midnight though everyone is supposed to leave expect the group and their parents to spend the night till tomorrow.

"Hey DJ what you looking for?" Zion ask, as I explore the cabinets.

"Just coal for the grill." I say looking at Zion.

His dreads hung halfway through his forehead with the blonde tips. He was wearing red swim trunks and a white T. Zion was a very good looking guy don't get me wrong, he would be first pick for looks then Ezra.
However Zion, talks to so many girls and he's personality can be trash if they aren't in his circle.

"Right over by the side table." Zion pointed.

When I walked over there I noticed a picture frame of childhood Pearl and her parents. Her siblings Ella and Elijah weren't in the picture at the time, but she looked so happy. Pearl was on the swings with her hair in two ponytails, while Mr. And Mrs. Hart were pushing her.

When I grab the bag coal I walk back to Josie and Pearl, setting up Josies music.

"So the actual question is, who's barbecuing back here, because I have no skills." Pearl defends.

"I can't I'm DJing, so I'll be busy the whole day." Josie let's down.

"I mean, I can't cook and we all know this. So I mean when the guys come, we can decide which one of them is gonna do it." I stated.

At the moment, the guys and us girls were still on rocky terms. However, Ezra decided to talk it out with Josie. I'm glad he did to, because I don't wanna be mad at him, I miss him and his smile. We invited them to have fun this July fourth and put our problems aside.

"Speaking of the guys, they just pulled up." Pearl says looking in the direction of the far parking lot.

It takes them about solid five minutes to meet where we are, due to the huge walking gap. Their parents and siblings followed behind them.

"Hey guys!" Chase says approaching us with loads of stuff compared to the others.

Their parents walked to the front with the rest of the adults as they came back here. So it was Chases brother, a girl with straight black hair, Asher, and another kid that looked the a same age as Asher.
" Where could I put this stuff at?" Chase huffed, struggling to manage holding everything.

"Just right through that door you can set it on the counter, Zion should be there." I direct, as he begins to walk away.

"Oh guys! this is my older sister Zora, and this is my little brother Kyle." Milo announces to us.