Chapter 23: Rain Check

Ezras POV:

Damnit

I screwed up big time. My phone died about 4 hours ago and no one at this damn club has a charger. I wanted to tell Dove I don't think I'll be able to make it tonight, but tomorrow I'll be free, yet my phone was already dead and I couldn't do anything about it.

Fuck!

She must be pissed. All night I have been handing out IDs at Josies gig and I haven't had the time to get free time because more and more people keep coming.
For a small living I sell fake IDs. Which is very much illegal and that's why I'm undercover. Milo and Chase are in it with me too, Milo makes them and Chase does the research. This is why I'm out most of the time and never telling Dove where I'm going. Gosh I'm such an idiot.

I noticed Dove in the beginning of Freshman year. She wasn't popular, but she was someone everyone knew. Josephine and Pearl were always by her side. About a month later I needed a way to make money, I went to one of Josies gigs and there were only less then 70 people there due to the reason, they were ether underage and couldn't get in. I decided to help her gain some people by selling fake IDs to students from our school.

One thing I had to be careful with was not getting caught because if I got caught that puts Josie in jeopardy for not being able to play anymore. It could ruin her whole career and put her in huge trouble. This is why I can't tell Dove because if she knows I wouldn't be able to bare the look on her face when she's noticed I hurt not only her, but 2 people she loves.

It was now 2 o'clock in the morning the streets were empty and quiet. I open the door to the apartment sensing the smell of lavender that Dove sprays around the house. I walk to the kitchen first seeing a plate of food in the microwave. She cooked for me. She made dinner for us, and shit, I was supposed to give her the Christmas gift I bought.

When I finished Doves food I'm finally able to walk into our room. She sleeps so peacefully and she looks beautiful. I climb into bed beside her, I don't think I'll be able to sleep knowing that's she is probably mad at me.

***

Doves stretches arms out which directly punches me in the face. "Ouch!" I say. I've been up since yesterday and I couldn't sleep so I just sat staring at the wall wondering what Dove will think when she wakes up.

Her face turns in my direction her smile turns into a frown when she sees my face. She sits up in place and speaks up. "Where were you last night?" She ask.

"I was busy and my phone died I'm so sorry."

"I didn't ask if you were busy Ezra, I asked where were you last night?" She said, but this time the tone was different, she sounded hurt and angry. A peep doesn't come out my face as silence fills the room. Our eye contact is stronger then any words right now, her beautiful grey eyes were the darker shade of the rain.

"I'm leaving." She quickly gets up. She goes to the bathroom for awhile to grab some things and comes out. She's leaving. As in leaving me? Leaving the apartment? Is it temporary-

"And just for the record I'm coming back, because I'm not the bad guy." She walks out slamming the door shut, then another one follows. Fuck I messed up.

I place my phone on the charger, then getting comfortable in bed, as I get ready to take a nap. I messed up badly and one thing I do know about Dove is when she's upset she needs her space so I have to be patient.

***

The front door clicks open Dove appears catches my attention, she's wearing different clothes and her hair is curled she looks gorgeous. When she finally meets my eyes we stay like this for awhile. I wonder where she went at? Oh who am I kidding I couldn't even tell her where I went at.