Chapter 29: My Turn

"Yeah dad, Mom and Ash are at the penthouse right now." I say over the phone.

"Okay bud, I'll see you tomorrow." My father replies.

"Alright dad, I'm at a friends right now, love you."

"Love you too." The call ends and I begin to knock on Josies door.

The other day I talked to Dove about the drunk situation. It didn't fix a lot, but I knew for sure I needed to apologize to Josie. It was my turn to repair the damage I made, it was the child in me who hurt everyone. Now I just need to grow up and learn from my horrible actions .

No one was answering the door, so I knocked again, but before the third hit the door opens to the appearance of Pearl.

"DJ isn't here so leave asshole" Pearl rolls her eyes. She had her hair up in a bun and was wearing a yellow sundress.

"Actually I wanted to talk to Josie." I explain.

"Well she doesn't wanna talk to you."

"I understand, but please just let me have a chance." My palms were starting to get sweaty. From what? Really I don't know.

A second later, a hand rest's on Pearls shoulder. Josie comes up from behind her and nods.

"It's okay" she whispers. They stay there for a second just staring at each other, but then Pearl gives out and scoffs. She walks back in the house
to which I'm guessing into Josie room.

At the door, Josie rolls her eyes "what do you want Ezra?" She ask. "DJ isn't gonna be here for another hour."

"Why do you both assume I'm here for Dove, did y'all ever think maybe I wanna talk to my other friends too." I suggest.

"We're not friends, friends don't lie." Josie dismisses.

"Just let me explain, let me try at least to fix this." I say, my legs start to hurt from standing on this porch for so long.

We stand in silence as she thinks about it. After what feels like ten minutes, Josie sighs and moves to the right so I could come in. I grin, with small joy with her house smells like an evergreen candle.

"Wipe the smirk off your face Grey." Josie states.

Josie began leading me to back porch, but before she could open the sliding door a voice unrecognized fills the room.

"Josephine I have to get to work." The women says.

The women had jet black like Josies. She looked no older than 30 and she was very pretty. She was just a slightly older version than Josie. She was wearing scrubs and has a tote bag on her shoulder.

"Omg pumpkin! You've finally brung someone home." The lady smiles at me.

"Momma, we've talked about this. I have a girlfriend, you literally met her a few days ago." Josie sighs.

Her mom, looks so young and beautiful. The house they live in is amazing for only 3 people.

" I know baby, I'm joking." She walks over to Josie and kisses her on the cheek, her light red lipstick leaving a mark.

"Is Pearl alright? I saw her walk to your room and close the door." Josies mom ask.

"Yeah, you know with the whole Milo thing." Josie trails off.

"Oh! What was the kids name? Something like Edwin? Or was it Eddie." Josies mom goes on.

"Ezra momma, his name was Ezra."

"Yeah him! It was his fault, trying to ruin your career and their relationship right."

Ouch

"Momma, this is Ezra Grey." Josie direct her hands to me.