Chapter 27: The Damage I've Caused

TW!
Ezras POV:

She hasn't looked at me once today. She's avoided every possible look I've given her, I mean I can't blame her, I messed up badly. I just want to talk to her though and tell her the truth.

Words can't express the love I have for her. Even a simple I love you, wouldn't be able to go beyond that. I can't loose her, and I really don't want to break her. I know an apology won't make up for the damage I caused, but I just need to show her, without her I'm a mess.

We're at lunch right now, and I can't seem to keep my eyes off Dove. The way she fake smiles in front of them, or the drowsiness in her eyes when looks around. Sad fact is, it's all my fault.

Next period, we have creative writing together, I'll finally get a chance to talk to her about meeting up after school, because Chase and Milo are doing the same with Josie and Pearl.
This will probably be Milo and Pearls last happy moments, until we tell them the truth.

We've been released from lunch to get to class, and I don't know why my heart is beating so fast, if I'm just going in there to ask her a simple question, but it is.
Maybe because I'm scared to meet her eyes or don't want to hear her say no, or not even anything at all.

When I walk into Ms. Lara's class Doves in her usual seat, but her hood is on her head, and her head is down. When I sit beside her, her head pops up, she looks toward me, but turns away quickly.

" I miss you." I say.

I can tell she shivers when I say that, but I keep going.
"We need to talk, Chase and Milo are going to Josie and Pearl because all 3 of us have something very important to tell you guys."

She says nothing.

"I don't know if this will make you forgive me, but I think it's time for you guys to know."

Still nothing.

"Baby, please." I whisper closer to her.

It takes her a minute, while we sit in silence, but words finally escape. "Fine." She sighs.
Just a small glimpse of joy spreads through me, since I still don't know how all of this is gonna play out.

"Meet us at our place." What I say ends the conversation. The rest of the class period, she doesn't say a word, or even look my way. We just sit side by side in silence.

***

3 knocks hit the door. " They're here." Milo says standing up immediately.

We got them all to agree to come over, we told them to exactly come at 4, yet it's been 20 minutes after, but I mean who's counting.

Milo opens up the door for them, while me and Chase sit in the living room facing where the girls are going to sit.
Chase puts a hand on my shoulder, stopping me from shaking my leg.
"It's alright man, whatever the outcome, you tried." He says with a smile. I send a reassuring one back.

The girls and Milo join us in the living room, and as the girls settle Josie speaks. "Got caught up in traffic, sorry we're late."

Doves wearing a white long sleeve that covers to almost her fingers, and grey sweatpants. Her hairs in a ponytail, but strands of hair are sticking out everywhere, I can tell she wasn't doing so well.

Everyone was settled, and the room was quiet. Dove had her head down, Pearl was giving Milo confused signals, and Josie was giving me the death stare.
"Alright, we are gathered here today to discuss the reasons of our weird actions you've been seeing from us lately." Chase explains.

"Full disclaimer, we never wanted it to come out like this, we just thought it was time to let you all know." Milo adds on.

"Just a friendly heads up in advance. We're so sorry to all of you, especially you Josie." Chase ends off.