| 01 |

I never asked to be born.

I swear, I never did. Why was I brought out into this world just to suffer? The last time that I actually had a good night sleep was when I was probably still in my mother's womb.

"Ms. Blake, we cannot plan this party if you keep changing the theme." I said to my client, tapping my pen against the table. "We have already changed the theme two times and we had to cancel a huge number of party favours and decorations that we aren't even going to be using and we are wasting time and money. In order for this event to be successful, you have to be completely sure of what you want for the party."

I have been sitting in this chair for almost an hour with this indecisive client of mine. I don't know whether my job here is to be an event planner or a therapist. I mean, I did take psychology as a minor back in college, but business management was my major.

Ms. Cora Blake. A rich, but troublesome client, had been telling me all about her problems in life that I don't think that one should be sharing with her event planner.

What the fuck am I supposed to do with Sharon buying two Birkin bags in one shopping trip, lady? That won't help me in getting my job done easier. And certainly, my paycheck doesn't pay me enough for this.

Ugh, I have a meeting with another client in less than an hour. At least the next client I'm meeting, we're just going to be talking about the finishing details for their event tomorrow.

"You're right, Ms. Castillo. I'm just wasting everyone's time." Oh God, here comes the water works.

"How about," I clapped my hands together. "Since you are hosting a party for your friends and colleagues, how about you go with a fancy, classy, vintage theme for your party?" I suggested.

Clients like her just make me want to jump off a building so everything can end.

She gasped, no longer with her tears and sad face. "That's a great idea! How come I didn't think of that? I'm so thankful that your event team is handling this, Ms. Castillo. I don't know what I would have done without you." She jumped out of her seat and came to embrace me in a tight hug. Her strong expensive perfume hits me right in the face.

That perfume makes me want to vomit because of how strong the smell is.

"And because of that, I'll raise the budget for everything including your payment and for your team." At least, she pays well now that everything has been sorted out.

"Thank you for choosing us to plan this special event of yours, Ms. Blake. It's an honor to be working with you." I tried not to be too awkward about the hug as I patted her back.

I really need fresh air. ASAP! Her strong perfume is suffocating me to death.

She finally let go of the hug and let out a squeal. "Oh my, I have to go and meet my boyfriend right now." She grabbed her designer bag from her chair before fishing for her phone inside. "Is it okay if we meet again on Thursday for the final planning?"

I nodded. "I'm not going to be in the office that day, but we can have a lunch meeting somewhere, does that sound fine?"

"Perfect!"

"Great, I'll text you the details later this evening or tomorrow."

"Okay, sounds good. Toodles!" The sound of her heels were slowly disappearing.

I slumped back into my chair before gathering all my things and went back inside the office.

Another day, another event to plan for.

I never really thought that I would become an actual event planner. I did a lot of these back in high school and college, but I never thought that this would be the career that I was making for myself.