| 07 |

I was bobbing my head and humming to some music while I was folding table napkins into some fancy shapes. Never thought that folding napkins would be therapeutic but it is, plus it's easy to do.

Later tonight would be the company party and we're finishing last minute things.

I was too busy with my work when I didn't notice someone sitting beside me until I turned my head around and jolted up from my seat.

"Yawa ka!" I cursed, putting a hand over my chest before ripping out my headphones from my ears.

"Sorry." Grayson chuckled. "I forgot you're very easy to scare."

"I appreciate it if you don't give me a heart attack." I gave him a sarcastic smile. "So what are you doing here?" I went back to folding the napkins.

"Just checking in on you."

My nose scrunches.

"Yeah, right! Okay, you can go now, bye." I snorted, shooing him away.

"No, I think I'll stay. I practically own the place." He said, leaning closer to look at what I'm doing. "That looks so hard to do. How do you do it?"

"Oh, this little thing?" I held up the table napkin that was now folded into an artichoke shape. "I'm just amazingly talented like that." I said, giving my shoulder a little shrug.

"Damn, right you are!" He exclaimed.

I laughed, rolling my eyes playfully. Grayson took an unfolded napkin from the basket in front of us and asked me to teach him. Long story short, he was terrible at it.

"Stop, you're doing it all wrong." I grabbed a hold of his hands and guided him how to properly do it, scooting closer to his side. "Look, this is how you do it."

I carefully explained to him all the steps. I'm not really good at explaining things, but I tried my best to explain it well to him.

"And then you're done!" I turned my head to him, smiling.

"U-uh, yeah, s-sure." Grayson looked like he was distracted or something, his gaze kept going back and forth to me and to the table, so I looked back at what he was looking at.

Oh, shit, I was still practically holding his hands. And now that I have thought about it, we were sitting quite close to one another. I right away released my hold on his hands and scooted back properly to my seat after mumbling a quick apology.

"I-I should probably g-go." He pushed back the chair slowly before standing up. "I'll see you around later, okay?"

I nodded meekly, not bothering to meet his eyes.

* * *

I walked out of the building to the parking lot. It was finally time to go home!

The sky was already dark by the time I got out. I wrapped my arms around me to warm myself a little from the cold breeze of the night as I walked to my car.

The rest of my group got separated because our cars were parked in different locations. Parking here was a pain in the ass, but I guess that is the same as anywhere else.

"Maureen," I hear someone call my name from behind me.

I continued my tracks but slowed down a bit to see who it was and that made me stop walking. Grayson was now jogging his way over to me with his head down.

"What?" I asked, tapping my foot on the ground.

He stopped right in front of me, his suit jacket was draped on his arm and both of his hands were in his pockets. "Are you going straight home?"