| 04 |

Why was it so hot today? Has global warming gone that bad already?

I groaned as I wiped my sweat off my forehead with my face towel. We were setting up the place for the anniversary party that's happening tomorrow. We've been here at the location since early morning, trying to get everything done.

Everyone was helping out setting up the place. Since it wasn't as big of an event, it was easier for us to get through most of the things.

Whenever we're prepping for an event and we weren't planning on staying inside the office, we dress casually. I wore a beige sleeve top and black leggings and a pair of white sneakers.

Taking a short break, I went over with Natalie and Dalton to look over the budget plan if we had gone under or over budget with spending for the event. We were a couple hundred bucks under budget which is rare, but considering the budget Grayson gave us, we can probably buy a few things for ourselves and he wouldn't even notice.

I would do that but I'm not that horrible of a person.

Grayson texted me this morning right before I went to work. He asked what I was doing today and how the event planning was going on. I replied about today's agenda before returning my phone in my bag. He left me on read which I kinda deserved, too, since I also do leave him on delivered, but I don't know if he'll be coming over today.

Not that I'm looking for him or something.

I just really need to see him today to know what he thinks of our work.

Absolutely nothing else.

I put my sunglasses on as the clock hit noon. It was very hot outside and I was tempted just to jump in the pond to cool off. My hair was up in a high ponytail to keep my hair out of my face. I should have brought my tumbler today so my water would at least still be cold.

My team and I had lunch in the back of Franco's pick up car. I had rice and spam for lunch and peanut butter sandwich cookies for a little dessert. Franco's car was parked under a shade, so we didn't have a problem with the sun roasting us.

We might have extended our lunch break a bit too far because by the time we got back to work, it was almost two in the afternoon and we still had a lot of things to finish.

The event was going to happen tomorrow before lunch. Grayson's grandparents are coming here from France and his family members will be picking them up from the airport and driving all the way here.

"Maureen," Keiko tapped my shoulder. "There's someone looking for you."

I turned around. "Who is it?"

She shrugged before pointing to the man behind her who I never saw before. My brows furrowed. I thought that he might be part of the service crew but he was wearing a suit. The unknown man was making his way towards us.

"Hello, good afternoon." He greeted us as soon as he was close enough.

"Good afternoon, who are you?" I raised an eyebrow and went straight to the point.

He stifled a laugh. "No wonder Lukey Bear was dead set on keeping me away from here." He mumbled under his breath.

"Excuse me?" I said.

Lukey Bear. Now, where have I heard that nickname before?

"Oh, sorry for the late introduction. I'm-" He was about to say his name when someone else did it for him.

"GREGOR MARTINS!" Grayson bellowed as he slammed his car door shut as marched his way to us. "What did I tell you about coming here today?!"

Gregor, I assumed, grinned at Grayson. "So this is why you keep coming here alone then? How dare you, cousin? Keeping this beautiful lady all to yourself."