| 05 |

"Janette, bitch!" I screamed through the phone as I put down all my things on the couch.

I just got home from work when Janette rang me for a video call. I haven't seen her in a few months. The last time I saw her was during the Christmas holidays before she went back to med school. Almost all of my friends before were in med school wanting to become doctors. Malcolm went on a different road and became a physical therapist. I also haven't seen that bitch in a while.

"Med school is killing me!" Janette groaned on the other end. She was in her apartment and doing a lot of paperwork and studying.

"Just remember that you'll be graduating soon and going to residency and then taking your license!" I said in a overly cheerful way. "You better pass your classes, bitch, because I already paid for my plane ticket and everything to come to your graduation this May."

"I promise I fucking will. I just need to finish this." She showed me a stack of papers that she looks like she's about to rip into shreds.

I was on video call with her for a while. We caught up with each other's life as I was cooking my dinner which was rice and instant noodles because I was too tired to cook anything else. I left out the part where I met Grayson again because that's a thing I want to tell her when we see each other in person.

"I'll be coming home for the weekend." Janette announced and I almost choked on my rice. "It's dad's birthday and tell your family to come over to our house."

"Omg, really?! You better not be lying to me because I will come for you." I showed her my fork.

"Yes, I will."

We soon ended the call so the both of us could get some rest. Well, I will get some rest. I don't think Janette will be going to bed for another couple of hours, poor her. I did my usual night routine and did some cleaning around my house before going to bed and falling asleep.

The next morning, I went to work and made deals with local vendors. I was finishing up planning a little girl's birthday party that's happening this Saturday. I already informed my team that I will take a leave because Janette is coming home. She did also ask me to pick her up from the airport. I texted my parents about the party and they were already informed by Janette's parents.

Since I had two hours free for lunch, I invited Malcolm to a restaurant nearby where he works. The things I do for my friends. He messaged me that he's coming but he's still finishing something for his work.

I don't really know what this restaurant serves because I haven't been here before. While waiting, I double checked everything for the party supplies.

I push my glasses up my nose. My mom keeps telling me that I'm always looking at screens and I should be worried about my eyes, so she bought me a pair of anti-radiation glasses that I only wear when I feel like it, but she doesn't have to know that.

My head shot up when I heard the chair move across me.

"Hey, bit-" I stopped when it wasn't the person I was expecting. My jaw dropped as he made himself comfortable on the seat in front of me.

"Missed me?" He asked with a sly look on his face.

"Who are you, again?" I played dumb to mess with him.

"Now, that's not how you treat your boyfriend after being on a business trip for two weeks. You didn't answer some of my texts." Grayson playfully. "You look good in those glasses."

I stayed unbothered and composed even though my heart beat was raising a little. Of course, I look pretty and beautiful! Tell me something I don't know. I dress to impress myself because that's the only thing that matters.