| 12 |

"Girl, I'm sick." I said groaning while I was on video call with Malcolm.

"Boo, you whore!" He hollered out.

"Bitch, I'm actually really sick." I glared at him through the phone. "I have a fever."

His face suddenly contorted into regret. "Oh, you're really sick? My bad, my bad."

I haven't gotten bed sick in years until now. Work has been crazy with me running around the city ordering and picking up things requested by my clients, and it doesn't help that my car is still broken.

The other day I was already feeling like shit but I still went to work anyway and set up the location for a party. The event was hosted outside and it was hot. I forgot to drink water in between breaks and was starting to feel really dizzy before I fainted. Luckily, one of my team members was there to help me and got me to a clinic.

So here we are today, resting in my bedroom in my parents' house and constantly getting checked by them. They gave me an earful when they heard about the incident before fussing over me like a wounded puppy. Well, I am exactly that.

Mom has already scolded me a handful of times that I should be resting instead of scrolling through my phone, she is right though. But I had just woken up from a ten hour sleep when she came in checking on me. I didn't bother defending myself because I had no energy at all even though I had slept for a long time.

I hate being sick, everything tastes so bland. I'd probably have to eat a spoonful of sugar to taste even a little bit of sweetness, but I'm too weak to attempt that, plus my parents wouldn't be too happy with me if I'm out of bed.

I might be a grown woman, but I'm still a little girl to my parents' eyes.

"Babe, what do you want to eat?" A man I haven't met before burst through the door behind Malcolm.

Wait, did he just call Malcolm babe? This bitch was keeping secrets from me. He's seeing someone and he hasn't told me yet?

"Hoy!" I exclaimed despite my throat being dry. "Who is that, huh?! What do you mean babe? I'm deeply hurt you didn't tell me about him. I swear to God, if I wasn't sick I would come for you. TRAITOR!" I kept zooming in on my screen to get a clearer look of this guy.

Malcolm can only sheepishly laugh in reply, turning his phone the other way so I couldn't see that guy that just came in. He said something to him before facing me again.

"He's my boyfriend." Malcolm said shyly, his cheeks turning red.

"WHAT?!" I squealed so loudly. "Oh my God, I'm so happy for you I'm going to cry! But girl, how come you never told me?"

"We just got together like last month, calm down." He explained. "I was playing hard to get and all because I thought we were just flirting here and there, but he asked me out then here we are."

I was squealing and gushing so hard that I'm surprised my parents haven't broken down my door to see what has happened to me.

Malcolm ended the call after saying that I should rest and he promised that I would get to meet Cassian, his boyfriend, soon enough.

After the call ended, I texted Harley asking about how everything was going on at work, but she shut me down saying that I need to rest and not to worry about a thing.

"Ayaw sa kuno sig phone bi, pahuway sa." I let out a scream when my mom suddenly shows up out of nowhere holding a basin in her hand. (Stop using your phone, rest first.)

I can see my dad glaring at me behind me, pointing at my phone.

I faked a cry as I put my phone down beside me. "Sige gud!" (All right!)