| 15 |

The dinner I had later that night with Stephen went great. Since there was a restaurant at the hotel he was staying at, we went to dine there instead. His family dropped to say their greetings. It was nice seeing them after a long time.

After I got home, I sent Grayson a short text before turning my phone off and started to get ready for bed. I was still irked on how things were left when he dropped me off. He was acting quite rude to my friend for no reason at all. I don't know what got his boxer's in a twist, but it was all for the wrong reason. I decided to sleep it off for the rest of the night.

I can deal with him tomorrow. My sleep is more important than everything else.

The next day, instead of working on setting up an event at some venue, I'm staying in the office the whole day because I have to meet up with a few clients and continue planning for our other upcoming events.

One of the clients I had to meet was through a video conference. We had already met a few times before, but she called in to inform me of a few changes she wanted for the event and she was away for the time being, so we opted to meet online.

The other two clients I had today were just at the office. One in the morning and the other during the afternoon. The first client I had to meet was already getting on my nerves. I tried to offer them a drink but they started bitching about how the drinks I offered them were full of calories and preservatives. Backing off, I placed two water bottles on the side if they wanted it, but one of them scoffed and said that the brand we had was cheap. I said a quick prayer in my head, praying that it would end as soon as possible.

Two hours later and seven mental breakdowns inside my head, I was done with them for the day. Just in time, the invitations that Harley and Franco designed for an engagement party had arrived. I grabbed a box cutter and cut the box open and examined each invitation for any mistakes. They were all good, so I sent an email to my client that it was ready for pickup and to be sent, and taped back the box while waiting for a reply.

So far the rest of my day wasn't all that bad, just very busy running all over the place. When I returned home I was practically falling asleep from being tired but I couldn't quite sleep yet since I still had unfinished work to do. It might not be a good thing to bring work at home, but it is what it is.

As I was about to finish writing an email, my doorbell rang. I pushed myself off my office chair and skipped downstairs to the front door.

"Who is it?" I bellowed from the stairs and swung the door open and saw Grayson standing outside with flowers dressed in a black shirt and trousers. The sky behind him was a mix of pink and orange hues making the sight in front of me even picture worthy.

"It's me, hi." He waved a hand at me. "I'm here to apologize for my actions yesterday. I-I was just . . . jealous and threatened by your friend. I had no right to act like that and pass on my apology to your friend." He lowered his down a little and scratched the back of his neck. "And I also got you roses."

I smiled tightly, trying to stifle a chuckle. I accepted the bouquet of flowers, bringing it to my nose and inhaled the sweet scent. "These are carnations, but thank you."

A realization dawned upon his face. "Oh, they are? I thought they were roses. I'm in a time crunch right now— holy shit!" He looked at his watch on his left wrist. "Fuck, dad is going to murder me!"

I quirked a brow, frowning. "Why, what's wrong?"

"I'm accompanying him for a business trip to Japan and he specifically said to meet him at the airport in like five minutes now." Grayson frantically said, running his hands over his face.

I gave him an are-you-kidding-me look.

This cute dumbass.

Why did he even think of dropping by here when he had more important things to do?