| 20 |

This will be the last chapter of the book. So if you're here reading this thank you for your support.

×××××

Two Years Later...

When I walked into the home office, I'm immediately punched in the face with the smell of something awful. My nose wrinkled in disgust as I went into the room.

"Did a nuclear bomb of farts got dropped here or something?" I said loudly as I grabbed a paper bag on my desk.

"Hey, that was Winnie, not me." Grayson spoke up while he was typing away on his computer at the couch.

Almost a year ago, I popped the question asking him to move in officially with me. Well technically I didn't ask him but more like told him to. Most of his belongings were already at my place and on most days, he goes home to me.

That was our situation for the first year before deciding to find a new place that suits us both. We looked into a few houses that were in nearing distance from our work.

Grayson knew someone who was a real estate agent and helped us sell the previous house and showed us properties that were in our taste and budget.

The third house the agent showed us was a modern Spanish-style house and I immediately fell in love with the place and made an offer. So, here we are after.

"Are you sure it wasn't from you?" I taunted him, sinking down beside him while he placed his laptop on the table in front of us before wrapping me in his arms.

Grayson pressed a kiss on my cheek. "I'm pretty sure."

I threw my head back on his shoulder. "My aunt and uncle are in town visiting. On my dad's side." I sighed sadly.

"You don't sound too happy about it."

I mean, who would be happy about it? I tend to avoid my extended family, specifically on my dad's side, due to the fact they're all toxic and run their mouths with offensive opinions that nobody asked them to share.

"Well the last time I talked to them on the phone and they found out Ethan and Eloise are expecting another baby," I know crazy, my brother already has two children before me. "My aunt suddenly turned the attention on me and said that my biological clock is running out of time and I should be the next one pregnant and proceeds to say that I'm not getting any younger and I should work on it."

"I'm sorry you experienced that." His arms around me tightened.

I let out a breath. "It's fine. Nothing I'm not used to."

"That's the thing, you shouldn't get used to it."

"Please, I'm already labeled as the one who has an attitude all the time." I dismissed, waving it off. "And I'll have a child when I want to, not because I was pressured into it. If I want to push out five babies out of my uterus, then I'm goddamn doing it when I'm ready!"

"So you want five children in the future? I'll take note of that." He chuckled against the crown of my head. "I think we can make an agreement on that."

I smacked his arm playfully. "I was speaking hypothetically."

"But it would be cute having a mini Maureen running around the house." His hands slowly slides down to my stomach.

I captured his hands and brought it back up. "I was pretty cute when I was a child." I shrugged, remembering how I looked as a child. "But according to my parents I was a very needy and clingy child, which I guess is true."

"Well I don't really mind—" I cut off his sentence by quickly standing up and turned around to face him.

"Enough baby talk." I put a finger over his lips. "I have a dinner reservation with my family and I have to get ready." I kissed him on the lips when he started to stand up from the couch.