I got a stalker

Alice POV

It was Friday night again which meant one thing: Cillian’s pub.

I could use the distraction. It’s been almost a week since Elanor’s call but I still felt down as soon as someone mentioned words like “parents” and “wedding”. I guess I must’ve looked as bad as I felt because the moment I sat on one of the stools Cillian asked with a concerned voice:

"Something wrong, kid?"

"Is it that obvious?" Was what I answered.

"Is it serious?"

"Not really."

"Of course it is," Asher intervened, sitting to my right. "She’s been like that the whole week."

"Leave Alice alone!" Caden took the seat to my left. "If she wants to tell you, she will."

I smiled gratefully at him.

"Okay then…" The bartender changed the subject. "What are you guys drinking?"

"The usual," the three of us answered simultaneously.

Cillian served them their beers and I got my soda.

"And since you’re upset, kid, here’s a treat for ya!" He gave me a lollypop.

"Thanks!" I unwrapped it at once. "I’ve been meaning to ask you… How come you have lollypops at the pub?"

"Some people come here with their kids during the day so I thought it will be a good idea to stock up on these tasty pacifiers." He winked at me. "Now you know the drill; just suck on it quietly!"

I laughed at his words while Caden stared daggers at him. Looking around the pub, I noticed a lot of the regulars were here tonight.

"I’ll go around to say hi to a few people." I jumped off the stool. "See you guys later!"

I made my way to the far end of the pub passing by a table where a blond boy stood alone. He checked me out blatantly and a disgusting cocky smirk formed on his lips. Trying to ignore him, I headed for my destination.

"Hey, guys!" I greeted when I reached one of the larger tables.

All of the men and the one woman that sat around it returned my greeting.

"Why don’t you come sit with us?" William questioned, smiling warmly and pulling back a chair for me.

"Oh, Will! The girl must have better things to do than sit with us old people," one of his companions (whose name I couldn’t remember) said.

"Who are you calling old, woman?" Will addressed her feigning anger but his eyes glistened with humor.

"Us! All of the people around this table are at least twice the girl’s age."

"Age is just a number!"

And that sat off the dispute of the night. It was interesting to listen to them. Will and the woman were the ones that spoke most often and both had valid arguments to prove their points. Most of the others just shook their heads “yes” or “no” and grunted every now and then. I kept silent.

"What do you think?" In the end the woman turned to me.

"That you’re as old as you feel," I replied. "Right now I think I’m about twelve," I added, getting up. "Anyway, it was fun but I’m going back to my boys."

"And to get another lollypop," I thought.

"All of them here tonight?" Will asked.

"Nah. Keegan is on a date with some chick."