The Inquisition

Alice POV

“Oh, God… Caden!” I exclaimed winded.

The boy that was on top of me lifted the corners of his full lips up in a smirk and the all too familiar playful flames danced in his bluish-greys. He leaned down closer and whispered huskily:

“What’s the matter, little Alice? Am I going too fast for you?”

Oh, boy, was he ever! I could barely keep up with his movement. All this stirring around made me all sweaty and breathless and my heart was pounding so hard I was sure Cade could hear it. He spoke before I could answer his question.

“Now move on top of me!”

I hesitated. Was I capable of following his order? He didn’t give me much time to ponder on it as he commanded me once more:

“Come on, little Alice! Straddle me!”

Lying on my back, I moved my hands over his perfectly shaped body, feeling every hard muscle underneath his skin. I placed my arms and feet the way he had showed me before and reversed our positions.

“It worked!” I exclaimed in surprise, once I was sitting on the boy’s abdominal area.

“Told ya it will!” He laughed merrily. “Even someone your size can use that move to gain the upper hand in a fight. Now get off me!”

Somewhat reluctantly, I stood and reached my hand to help the boy up. He got to his feet but didn’t let go of my hand right away. We shared a look and something flashed into his eyes. It was one of those emotions I could not pinpoint exactly, but for a moment I thought Caden was going to pull me closer to him. Feeling a bit anxious at that thought, I retreated my hand from his gentle grasp and in an attempt to hide my feelings, I turned away, pretending to scan the surrounding area.

The weather was lovely, warm, but not too much, and provided the two of us with a chance to practice on the meadow where we first worked out. I closed my eyes, feeling the light breeze on my skin. It left me with a wonderful sensation, cooling my body after the intense session.

“So glad we decided to skip today! Although that was one hell of a work out!” I stated, stretching my body. God! My muscles would pain tomorrow.

“Hey! Don’t blame me!” Caden scolded. “I suggested we stop an hour ago. You were the one who kept on saying “Just a little more, Caden! Just a little more!”.”

I narrowed my eyes at the ridiculous tone he used to imitate me.

“I didn’t sound that desperate!”

“If you say so!” He said in a “yeah-right” voice.

“Talking back at me, huh?” I playfully retorted. “We’ll see about that!”

With that said, I took a swing at him. And of course I missed. So I took another but he grabbed my hand. I tried to hit him with my left one but he caught that one as well.

“You learn fast, but you have a long way to go before you can punch me, little Alice!” He teased.

I growled. Did he have to be so smug over my failure?

“Well… I can still smother you in your sleep!” I stuck my tongue at him. How very mature, not to mention intimidating!

“Tc-tc! Will you really do that to me?”

“Sleep with me and you’ll see!” I dared him in my best challenging tone. Caden’s face became unreadable the moment I uttered that.

Oh-oh! Of all the things I had to say that?! It only made it awkward between us again. And things were just returning to the way they were before.