Revelations and realizations

Alice POV

Friday night. It had become my favorite time of the week. And how could it not be? I had no school in the morning and would spend the evening in the enjoyable company of my friends. The three boys in question were looking pretty eager to spend a night at Cillian’s as well. We had only entered the pub when I noticed two girls checking Caden out.

"Rabbit season or duck season?" I asked the black-haired boy.

"What?" He looked at me confused.

"Which are you going to choose?" I pointed towards the two girls. "The bleached playboy bunny-type or the orange-skinned one with the huge plucked duck’s ass-like lips?"

"Neither! The Duck fakes it too much and the Rabbit is too clingy."

"You already slept with those two? Do they know you’ve fucked them both?"

"Well, they were both there when I did."

I shook my head at him amused.

"Why am I not surprised?" I sat down on a stool between Caden and Ash before greeting the bartender.

"Hey, guys! The usual?" He asked with what I liked to call his welcoming smile.

"Nope, I’m drinking whiskey tonight," I announced, thinking I should break my Friday night routine.

Four heads with equally amazed expressions on their faces turned to me when Caden, Asher, Keegan and Cillian heard my answer.

"You’re drinking alcohol?" Keegan who stood on Cade’s left asked. "YOU are drinking alcohol?"

"Yes, I feel like it tonight."

"But why?" This time it was Ash who was looking at me with confusion in his warm chocolate brown eyes.

"Because I feel like it," I repeated.

"Are you sure?" Cillian questioned dubiously.

"Yes, I’m sure," I tried to keep the annoyance out of my voice.

"Are you absolutely…" the bartender started again but Caden cut him off:

"Just give Alice her drink already! And I want the same."

Everybody knew that tone of voice. Knowing it would be useless to protest, Cillian poured two whiskeys for us and gave Ash and Keegan their beers.

"Cheers!" I said taking a big gulp of my drink.

"How come you didn’t grimace?" Ash questioned as soon as I had put my glass down.

"This is not the first time I’m drinking alcohol!" I could hide my irritation no longer.

"It’s the first time we see you do it," Keegan remarked.

"Just drink your beers and stop pissing Alice off!" Caden came to my rescue once again.

"Whatever!" Keegan shrugged. "I’m in a mood for a duck or a rabbit anyway. Maybe both."

And smoothing back his long reddish-brown hair, he headed towards the girls that had been checking Caden out when we arrived. Judging by the similar flirtatious smiles that graced their lips as soon as Keegan sat down on their table, I’d say they didn’t mind the newcomer’s company. Who could blame them? The boy was not only hot but also witty.

"I’m gonna greet Will," Ash got up as well and left us.

"Is it such a big deal I’m drinking alcohol tonight?" I queried, turning to my left to face Caden.