A damsel in distress

Alice POV

It’s been a few days since Keegan got “drunk” and confessed to me.

True to our promise we both tried to act as if it hadn’t happen.

I think the hardest to act normal was when we first saw each other after that awkward evening. It happened to be the very next day. Keegan entered Homeroom, late as usual, and went straight to his seat, without even bothering to acknowledge Mrs. Allen’s presence. He nodded at Caden and Asher, who were already there, but as he passed by me, he hesitated. I could almost see his mind working, contemplating on whether he should greet me or not. Realizing that the normal thing to do was to give some sort of recognition, the brunet gave me a small smile before sitting behind me. The action looked forced and insincere and I could tell that fact didn’t go unnoticed by the two other boys.

As the day went on, I tried to stick to our agreement of staying friends and initiated small talk on several occasions. Even though both Keegan and I did our best to keep the conversation going, we somehow always ended up in uncomfortable silence.

But day by day and little by little, things started going back to normal. Or at least some semblance of normal because even though we talked, smiled and joked with each other, I could still feel bits of tension between us.

Caden and Ash didn’t seem to notice or perhaps they just thought it wasn’t any of their business and that whatever the problem was, we probably wanted to deal with it ourselves. We hadn’t told either of them of course. That way, it would be easier to ignore the whole ordeal.

Although, truth to be told, I couldn’t ignore it.

I wasn’t crushing over Keegan but I still cared about him and I didn’t want him to be hurt. Especially not because of me.

I was sure the guilt I felt for not returning his feelings would last until he moved on. I knew it was irrational of me to think that way; how could anyone be blamed for not returning someone else’s feelings towards them? I knew that, and yet I couldn’t ease my conscience. I got to the point where I considered finding him another girl, someone he’ll be happy with. But after a while of thinking it over, I dismissed the idea. Who was I to meddle in Keegan’s love life?

But even as I stopped looking for a girl that would catch his interest, I still hoped he’ll find someone who would bring a smile to his face and do it soon.

Keegan deserved to be happy.

*****

Morgan POV

Two days.

I had only two days before I returned to Uni.

Only two days to make Caden mine.

I placed the lipstick back on my vanity table and gazed at my reflection in the mirror. I looked absolutely fantastic. I had spent about twenty minutes on my hair, straightening the slight natural waves it had. My makeup was as flawless as always, the beautiful light green eyeshadow complimenting my eyes and the mascara making my eyelashes thick and curvy. The red lipstick I’d just put on was the same shade as my tight, short, low-cut dress. I liked to call it my “seduction dress” as the design looked as if it was created especially for me and fit my body type perfectly, making me, in my humble opinion, simply irresistible. And I knew I had to look my best tonight. I was a woman on a mission; a mission to entice and take over a boy’s heart.

I picked up my phone and dialed a cab.

“Will be there in ten minutes, Mss,” the driver replied, immediately after hearing the address.