What would you have me do

Keegan POV

I was lying on my bed with my hand behind my head when the door to my bedroom flew open without a knock and a very furious Morgan plunged in. She closed it shut with a bang and hissed:

“Whatever you plan to do about Alice, do it fast! Caden’s made his move on her.”

“No way!” I protested, sitting up in my bed. “What happened to viewing her as a kid?”

“Obviously he didn’t view her as a kid yesterday when they were making out at Cillian’s,” she snarled in response.

“What?” I shouted, getting up to stand in front of her.

“You heard me!”

“How do you know that?”

“A friend of mine saw them.”

“Are you sure it was Alice Caden was making out with?”

“Yeah! Unless you know of another short brunette that always hangs around him.”

“Who… Who started it?” I asked weakly, fearing my sister’s answer.

Please don’t say Alice… Please don’t say Alice…

“Apparently he wrapped his arms around her saying something and that was all it took: a few moments later her tongue started to tango using Caden’s neck as a dance floor.”

I slumped back down on the bed.

Damn it! Why didn’t I go with them this Friday?

And what had happened; only a few days ago they were just friends. What did Caden do? What did he say? And why did Alice buy it?

Why the hell did that little bitch buy it?!

I hit the nightstand with my fist, hearing the wood crack and causing our family photo to fall to the floor. I felt pain shoot through my knuckles but it did not bother me at all. I was too upset, too angry to pay attention to something as minor as the pulsing sensation that started in my hand.

“Are you crazy?!” It took only a moment for my sister to sit on the bed next to me and pull my hand in hers with the intent to examine it. “Calm down, Keegan before you seriously hurt yourself!”

“Calm down?” I asked in a low voice and closed my eyes taking a deep breath. It did nothing to help me.

“HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO CALM DOWN WHEN CADEN’S BEEN MAKING OUT WITH MY GIRL?” I shouted, jumping up and starting to draw circles in my room.

“Hey, I’m not pleased with the outcome either!” She raised her voice as well obviously dissatisfied by what had happened in the pub. “And she’s not your girl; you failed to make her so.”

Knowing she was right but not really up to admitting that, I ignored my sister’s last remark and steered the conversation in a slightly different direction.

“What are we going to do now?”

“Attack.” Morgan grabbed my hand as I passed her, making me stop pacing around and look at her instead. “Obviously being nice to Alice led to nowhere. So now we’re going to make sure they learn about each others’ flaws. It will be a piece of cake with Caden; the boy has got enough skeletons in his closet to fill a whole cemetery. And if we can’t think of anything useful for the girl, we could always make something up. The goal is to make Caden angry at Alice and vice versa.”

“I don’t know, Morgan,” I hesitated, “isn’t that going a bit too far?”

“Is it?” She snarled, narrowing her eyes in an angry glare. “Is it, little brother? Then maybe you don’t like Alice as much as you claim to!”