What's your next move

Keegan POV

A kitten! Caden had given Alice a freakin’ kitten!

How was I to compete with that?

With a groan, I shifted in my bed angry with how things were turning out.

Seriously, how was I supposed to compete with it? Was I supposed to buy her a necklace or a bracelet or sometnhin’? She probably wouldn’t accept them even if I did.

And yet she accepted his gift.

I guess the temptation Caden presented her with was too great. A kitten. Caden, you sneaky bastard!

Groaning, I got off the bed and headed for the kitchen. I took a ham sandwich out of the fridge, slamming the door shut.

"Tc-tc! Is my baby brother upset?" An amused voice sounded from behind me.

"Morgan?" I turned around and saw my sister leaning on the kitchen’s door. "Shouldn’t you be at the University?"

"I decided to take a little break." She shrugged nonchalantly. "It’s not like it is going to affect my grades; after all I’m good at everything."

"I’ve always admired your modesty, sis!" I sneered, taking a seat.

"So…" she sat opposite me. "What got you so pissed off?"

"Alice."

"A girl?" She laughed. "Since when do you have problems with girls?"

"Since I met this one."

"Too clingy?"

"Not clingy enough!" She raised one reddish-blond eyebrow at me in question and I sighed. "I’ve wanted to fuck her since the day I met her but she’s not interested."

"A girl actually said no to you?" She looked really surprised.

"She didn’t fall for any of my tricks."

"Well, well! You got me curious. I want to meet her."

"You’ll get your chance; Caden drags her along pretty much everywhere we go."

"Caden? What does the little slut have to do with him?" My sister hissed.

Judging by the sudden mood swing I’d say Morgan was still crushing over the boy. Like me she wasn’t used to hearing “no” for an answer yet Caden had always pushed her away. I suspected it had something to do with the two of us being friends. Or maybe it was because of… No, it couldn’t be that!

"Not sure how or when, but she managed to impress him. He’s been hanging with her ever since she moved to town. She told me she doesn’t want to date him and he says he’s not into her but…"

"But what?" She asked hastily.

"He’s different when he’s with her. He’s calmer and nicer…"

"Caden? Nice?" She looked skeptically at me.

"Yeah… He’s still not winning a Nobel Peace Prize, but he’s changed."

I saw her chewing her lip nervously. I knew Morgan well and I realized she was planning something. I could tell by the crease that formed on her forehead.

"Does he know you want this…?"

"Alice." I helpfully added. "And no, no one but you does. I was flirting with her the first week but to no avail. Then I thought I'd just pretend to be her friend and get closer to her…"

"And how did that work out?"

"Don’t ask!"

"What? Did you actually fall for her?" She snorted.