Chapter Two

YN was on a roof, looking down onto a building as Sam spoke to Jasper Sitwell through his cell. She had a gun in her in her hand, the red laser pointed directly at Sitwell's tie. Her comm's alerted her to Sam's succession in bringing Sitwell into a vehicle, and they were headed YN's way. She stood off to the side when Steve through the small man through the door, YN clenching her fist around a hand gun.

"Tell me about Zola's algorithm." Steve demanded, shoving Sitwell closer to the edge of the roof.

"Never heard of it," Sitwell sneered, eyes flicking between Steve and Natasha as they stood in front of him. His eyes not making their way toward YN, who stood close by, gun at the ready.

"What were you doing on the Lemurian Star?" Steve asked, clenching his teeth in anger.

"I was throwing up. I get seasick." Sitwell said, shrugging his shoulders. "Is this little display meant to insinuate that you're gonna throw me off the roof? Because it's really not your style, Rogers." Steve sighed, brushing off the man's shoulders and stepping back.

"You're right. It's not." Steve sighed again. "It's hers." Natasha walked past Steve, lifting her leg and kicking him right off the edge of the building, YN didn't flinch as the man screamed.

"Wait. What about that girl from Accounting, Laura..." Natasha trailed off, clicking her fingers as she tried to find the name.

"Lillian. Lip piercing, right?" Steve asked, casting a glance back at YN, who was already staring at the two curiously.

"Yeah, she's cute." Steve laughed.

"Yeah, I'm not ready for that." He said, eyes never leaving YN's making her look away with reddened cheeks.

The screaming of Sitwell returned, YN looking up to see Sam drop him back on the roof in front of the two Avengers, the short man yelling out profanities as the Falcon flew away. "Thanks Sam." YN whispered, getting a laugh in response.

"No problems, baby." YN rolled her eyes at the pet name. The two Avengers got their information from Sitwell as YN stayed behind them, listening in briefly with furrowed brows.

Soon they were making their way back to Sam's car, YN slipping in beside Natasha, holding a gun against Sitwell's side. "Jasper Sitwell, nice to meet you." He said, sending a charming smile YN's way.

Smiling sarcastically, YN pressed the gun further into his ribcage, making him yelp. "It's a pleasure."

"We're cutting it a little bit close here." Natasha said, leaning over past YN to talk to Steve.

"I know. We'll use him to bypass the DNA scans and access the helicarriers directly." Steve responded, looking into the rearview mirror to YN, who was glaring at Sitwell. The short man went pale at the captain's words.

"What? Are you crazy?" He gasped, leaning forward. "That is a terrible, terrible idea." Before anyone could respond, there was a loud thud on the roof and Sitwell was reefed out of the window by a metal arm.

"Shit!" YN yelled, hearing footsteps on the roof. Pulling Natasha out of the way, YN climbed into the front seat and onto the captains' lap, Natasha following suit so they were all cramped into the driving area.

Steve pulled the handbrake quickly, slamming the car into park. The man on the roof flew forward, tumbling onto the concrete harshly. YN breathed heavily looking forward as she felt Steve grab onto her. There was a pause as the man stood to his feet, his long brown hair blowing back in the wind, uncovering his face that was masked with a mouth covering and goggles.

Grabbing her gun, YN went to shoot at him but was forced toward the windshield as a large truck hit them from behind. Steve grabbed her waist as she flung forward, Natasha, now seated on the center console held onto the head rest to stop herself from moving.