°11°

Blair had managed to calm down and eventually come down from the ledge, she stood on her own leaning against a wall, watching as Adrian held Lilith in his arms

Everyone was gathered around a table where they were talking about the suicide. 

"We removed this from the body of the suicide," Four's mother announced holding up some small device. 

"Marlene. Her name was Marlene," a girl with a shaved head spoke up. 

"I'm sorry. Marlene," Four's mom nodded. 

"It's a very sophisticated sim serum injector, it also has a radio transmitter in its head," Tori explained. 

"How do we get them out?" Uriah asked. 

"I don't know. This tech was built to defend itself. This tendril wraps around the nearest major artery," Tori went into further detail, showing them the sim as it wraps itself around the metal of the tweezers.

"Try to remove them, they kill the host," Tori finishes. 

Everyone broke out in quiet mummers. 

Blair looked to the floor, all of this because of her. 

"So what do we do?" Lilith asks. 

"Tori has to find a way to neutralize the disks before we do anything," Four spoke up. 

"Or we could do the logical thing and we hand her over," Edgar, the leader on the train says pointing to Blair, "nobody knows about this alliance and we have to protect that advantage. If we hand Blair over now, it might buy us some time." 

Some of the crowd went wild, cheering him on while others stayed quiet. 

Blair looked to the floor, it was clear people were wanting her gone, she didn't blame them the amount of deaths that had been caused by her were disgusting. 

"Get rid of her!" Someone shouts from the crowd. 

"I think it's a good idea," Four hummed facing Edgar. 

"Damn right," he agreed. 

"Except you'll have to go through me first," Four challenged. 

"Me too," Lilith spoke up. 

"And all of us!" The rest of dauntless chorused. 

Blair looked at what she had started, she felt the acid bile rise to her throat again and the tightening of her chest. 

She couldn't do this. 

She walked off away from the crowd, Edgar noticing he raised his voice, "hey, I'm not the one with a time bomb in my arm!" 

Blair walked to the bedroom she and Four got assigned to and sat on the bed. 

She crossed her legs her hands running through her tangled hair, she let out a silent sob.