°15°

Blair's body was exhausted physically, if it were to take another hit like that it would simply just stop

"This girl is extraordinary, she's tested positive for four different factions in one day. No one's ever gotten that far before," Jeanine boasted as if she owned Blair. 

Melanie looked to Jeanine she couldn't possibly let Blair go under for one more simulation it would be crossing the line. 

Caleb walked up to a monitor after hearing someone say there was a complication, her body was shutting down, if Jeanine pushed for that other test she'd die. 

"You can't put her back under, she wouldn't make it," Melanie spoke up picking up on what Caleb was looking at. 

"You sure you aren't just saying that because you're emotionally attached to this girl?" Jeanine asked in a rather harsh tone. 

"No, take a look for yourself," she scoffed pointing to the board. 

"Fine," the older woman huffed. 

Blair opened her eyes this time it was reality and not a sim she was back in the room but guards were either side of her unhooking her from the wires. 

Her breath was shaky and heavy, her legs were too weak for her to walk so the guards had to escort her to her room. 

Once the guards had left, Blair made her way over to the shower, she stripped from the clothing tossing it to the floor. She turned the shower on and waited for it to warm up, when it was warm she stepped in closing the glass door behind her. 

For ages she stood underneath the water, thinking. 

It was all a lie, Four, her mom, they were never there. A single tear slipped down Blair's face and then another until they all came tumbling down. Eventually her legs caved in and she slid down the wall of the shower tucking her legs into her chest. She lay her head against her kneecap sobbing. 

Blair had stopped crying after mentally telling herself off for letting her guard slip and for letting her true self show, so she stood back up and scrubbed at her scalp and at her body. 

Blair stepped out from the shower getting dry and changed into some clothes. She stepped out of the bathroom and looked around her room spotting the blanket and pillow that lay in a space you could call a bed. 

She made her way over slipping into the covers, it was soft and warm, her head lay on the pillow as she inhaled her own scent, she was finally clean. 

Blair drifted off into a deep sleep, one that was very much needed until she was awoke by the sound of the door opening. 

She opened one eye to see who it was that had come in her room and to her surprise it was Melanie. 

Melanie was still in the blue dress Jeanine had provided her with but this time her hair was down and her eyes were red, she looked like she had been crying.