𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIRIUS!" Amelia yells out in the dorm

All the boys turn to the girl, who just barged in. Remus groans and shoves his head deeper into his pillow. James sticks his head out of the bathroom with a smile. Peter looks shocked and then grins, excited for his friends. Running to Mia, Sirius beams and tackles her to the ground.
"Amelia!" Sirius, propped up on his hands, laughs, "Where's my gift?"
Amelia rolls her eyes, "Using my friendship for presents. Wow."
"Noooo. I'm using my birthday for presents." Sirius replies.
"To get your gift, you have to get off of me." Amelia states.
"I agree, mate." James looks at Sirius, forcing a smile, "I would get off her."
James pulls him off Amelia. Sirius pops up. Amelia laughs, getting up. She looks at James and Sirius, who are making faces at each other.
"Careful, Prongs." Sirius smirks, "Your jealousy is showing."
"Oh, shut up." James pushes Sirius into Peter's bed.
"Hey, watch it." Peter squeaks, "James, are you done with the bathroom? You've been styling your hair for 20 minutes."
James blushes, glancing over at Amelia, "Pshh, me? In the bathroom? Styling my hair? Noooo. Sounds more like Sirius to me. You should go to the bathroom now, though, Pete."
"Oh so all it takes is Ginger to show up and the bathroom is free? A miracle." Peter mutters as he walks to the bathroom.
"What did you get me, Amelia?" Sirius whines.
"Oh, just hurry up and tell him so he can shut the fuck up." Remus sighs.
"Fine, grumpy." Amelia pulls out a motorcycle catalog and hands it to Sirius.
         "Oh, this is great!" Sirius' face turns confused, "What is it?"
           "It's like a store, but on a magazine." Amelia opens the catalog, "More specifically, it's a motorcycle store."
        "YOU DIDN'T!" Sirius shouts.
         "Merlin, she did, Padfoot." Remus bangs his head in the pillow. "No need to shout."
          "Sorry, moons." Sirius turns back to Amelia, "Are you getting me a motorcycle?"
           "No, Siri. I just gave you the catalog." Amelia says, sarcastically.
            "Which one am I getting?" Sirius asks, excited.
        "Whichever one you want, I'll get." Amelia smiles.
         James rubs the back of his neck, "Way to make all our gifts look bad, love."
          "Oh!" Sirius remembers, "You're coming to the party, right?"
           "I will." She confirms, "I hope it won't be like the last party."
            James looks down, "Well-"
            Amelia widens her eyes, "Oh, not because- Because of the hangover! Not us."
            "Oh, that was just awkward." Sirius laughs.
            Amelia blushes, "I think I still have a hangover from that party. I'll just go cure it."
           Amelia, quickly, walks out. She has never been so embarrassed in her life. James turns and looks at Sirius. Sirius shrugs with an amused laugh. James stares where Amelia left in wonder.
☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎
          Amelia jumps up and down to the beat of the song on the dance floor. Marlene and her scream out the lyrics to 'Dancing Queen' by ABBA. Amelia points at Marlene, nodding her head along to the song. Her other hand holds her drink, trying not to spill.
         This was still Amelia's first drink. She had been sipping it all night, not planning on curing the massive hangover she had last time. She just decided to get slightly tipsy and be the designated responsible friend.
          "I LOVE THIS SONG!" Marlene yells at her as she continues to dance in the small space they made.
        Lily joins, grabbing Mary's hand, pulling her through the crowd of people to get her to her friends. Slowly, the boys join too. Everyone shouts, "You are the dancing queen!" The groups start dancing with each other, pairing off; Mary with Peter, Lily with Marlene, and Sirius with Remus. That leaves James and Amelia to face each other.
          They dance together, James making her laugh at him with his dance moves. Amelia shakes her head and grabs his hand. She sings the words to James, swaying to the music.
     He watches her as she makes him sway to the music as well. He can see how she lets herself go, just listening to the music and he adores that. He loves how, even mad at him, she trusts him so much that she can close her eyes and dance like nobody is watching when his eyes are clearly on her.
      "Come on, James!" Amelia giggles, "Move your hips!"
       James follows Amelia's instructions and let's loose. The song slowly comes to an end as the group starts to separate. A sweaty Sirius and a heavy-breathing Remus walk off the floor. Amelia and James stop dancing, but their hands don't let go.
        The next song starts to play and suddenly, Amelia doesn't even notice Marlene going to find Dorcas. All she sees is the man in front of her, holding her hand like they are first years again. 'How deep is your love' by Bee Gees starts to play.
       James tugs her hand, spinning her around, making her forget the mistakes made. He grips Amelia's waist and starts to slow dance with her. His hand that was holding her hand moves to her face. It glides on her cheeks, a simple touch makes Amelia's heart feel like it's about to explode like it was coke with mentos inside.
         She wraps her arms around his neck, pulling him closer. He smiles down at her, faces close enough to touch noses. She stares into his eyes, not breaking contact. His hand moves hair behind her ear, making them even closer if possible.
       They pull away for a second for James to spin Amelia once again, watching her giggle as she gets a bit dizzy. She can't feel anyone's eyes on her, but he can and he's glad everyone can see that he's the guy she's dancing with. He brings her back in and out again. With one more move, he dips her as the song fades out.
           The people around them start to clap. Amelia, broken out of her trance, looks around. She blushes as James just gazes at her. She pulls away from James and motions to the table.
           "I'm going to get a drink." She coughs, awkwardly.
         He nods, "Thank you for the dance."
☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎
         As Amelia tries to drag Freya away from public embarrassment once again, she feels a hand gently grab her arm. She keeps hold of Freya's wrist to keep her from lunging at Severus Snape and looks behind her. She sees a regretful and exhausted Remus.
        Amelia's confused gaze turns back to Freya. She lets go of Freya, who promptly laughs and falls to the floor. Amelia sighs, knowing she can't drag Freya all the way upstairs. Amos seems to notice this and, although still a bit peeved at the two girls, he had decided to help. He picks up Freya from the ground where she was laying.
       "Diggory, I got this," Amelia starts.
         Diggory raises an eyebrow, "I wouldn't let you guys leave wasted when we weren't arguing and I won't do it even now."
        A slight smile slips through Amelia's face, "Are you sure? Freya might wake up and slap a bit."
        "Nothing I haven't been on the receiving end of before." Amos chuckles, slightly forgiving Amelia, "I'll take her up to my dorm. Don't worry."
         "Amos-" Amelia stops herself from questioning her trust in him, "Just take care of her."
       "I will," He nods to Remus, still behind Amelia, "You should take care of that."
       Amelia looks back at Remus. She turns to Amos, offers a smile, and heads towards Remus. The scars on his face are more prominent than she had seen all night. Her confusion turns to worry when she sees the crease in Remus' eyebrows.
        "I need help." He yells over the music.
         Amelia, immediately, nods, "Whatever you need."
        "Follow me." He tells her.
         She does as he says, following him. He leads the way past Lily, who is talking to a blushing boy. She observes Marlene and Dorcas in a corner, closer than usual. She spots Alice on the couch, sitting partially on her boyfriend's lap. Frank is talking to McCormac, who has his arm wrapped around an annoyed Mary.
        She pursues Remus' pathway, hoping not to lose him in the crowd of people. Now, out in the corridor, Amelia and Remus locate two drunk boys. She can hear their conversation as she comes closer.
       "Isn't she perfect?" James asks Sirius. "It's almost like that's her."
       "I'm pretty sure that is Amelia, Prongs," Peter informs as he sees the girl fast-walking down the hallway.
         The three boys are slumped against the corridor wall. James and Sirius are drunk, while Peter and Remus are on the tipsier side. Amelia keeps walking, ignoring her stumbles.
        "Oh shit, Prongs, get under the invisibility cloak!" Sirius covers him with a cloak.
        Amelia stands above them, hands on her hips, "Sirius, get that off his head. It's gonna suffocate him."
         "I'm sorry. Who are you talking about, Mia?" Sirius plays dumb.
         "Sirius, that isn't the invisibility cloak. I can literally fucking see James." Amelia rolls her eyes.
        "Oh." Sirius laughs, "My bad."
         Amelia keeps up with the classic mom stance, shaking her head at the boys, "I leave you all alone for an hour."
         James falls on Peter's shoulder and whispers, "I love her."
          "Talking about me, Jamie?" Amelia asks, cheekily.
          "Yes."
          "Oh Godric, James. Your breath smells like you drank rubbing alcohol and dirt." Pete sighs.
         "Pete, I'll take it from here." Amelia smiles, "Come on, buddy."
           Amelia pulls up James with a lot more strength than she thought she had. He gets up and leans on her, not being able to hold himself upright. She watches as Sirius is being carried by Remus.
         "We are going to the dorm." Remus motions to James, "You sure you can get him to the dorm?"
         "I'll take him to mine." Amelia notifies, "I'm sure you and Peter want to get some sleep and I know how James is when he's drunk. No one will be in there anyway."
       Remus agrees, "As long as it's okay, what about the stair-"
         "Already have a plan, don't worry," Amelia smirks. "Goodnight boys."
         "Goodnight Mom!" Sirius shouts.
         Remus looks over at Sirius with a judging face and just shrugs, "Night Ginger."
☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎