𝒙𝒗.

"Remus!" Amelia yells as she jumps on him, "Oh, thank Godric . I love you, never leave me alone with them again."
She got off of Remus and sat next to him as Sirius and James take their seats in the compartment. They laugh at her dramatics.
Remus chuckles, "And here I thought you guys hated me."
"I'll never believe there's a single person that doesn't love Remus. No one can ever hate you." Amelia informs them.
"The only person who hates Remus Lupin is Remus Lupin himself, according to his diary." Sirius adds.
"You read my diary?" Remus exclaims.
"Well, at first, I didn't know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad handwritten book." Sirius explains.
"How did you get my diary?" Remus asks.
Sirius ignores his question, "Don't worry. It's safe right in my pocket."
"You brought my diary to school!" Remus interrogates.
"I had to. I'm doing a book report on it, because it's the only book I read this summer." Sirius mumbles.
James and Amelia are almost on the ground laughing while watching their friends fight. Peter joins them in the compartment soon after Remus departs for his prefect meeting.
James stares at Amelia, who is talking to Peter. It was hard for James to keep his emotions in check all summer, but he figured what's another three months, especially if it means that Sirius won't be quidditch captain.
It was a hard summer for Amelia, too. Her nightmares kept coming and none of them were something a sixteen year old should see. She kept in touch with Mcgonagall and Dumbledore about her visions, but she could tell they were worried.
Every time she falls asleep, she loses a bit more of herself to Tom. She sees the terrible things he is doing and no longer feels shielded from the world. How could she feel safe when she's watching a mad man?
She stopped sharing every detail with her aunt and Dumbledore. They were worried enough and she didn't need them to sympathise for her. It would just hurt them more if they knew what she saw.
☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎
         James, Sirius, Remus, Peter and Amelia are running late to transfiguration, thanks to a certain idiot. Sirius wanted to go to the kitchens and put poly juice potion in the pumpkin juice. Amelia, Remus, and James protested, which Amelia was surprised about.
In the end, they all ended up going, thanks to the second rule of being a marauder. If one marauder goes, then all marauders go. Sometimes Amelia wishes that they didn't think of that rule, but it makes everyone included.
"I'm here." Peter yells as he runs into transfiguration.
"I'm queer." Sirius follows.
James laughs as Amelia facepalms. By the look James gave her, she could tell he was going to enter and rhyme too. The second rule had kicked her ass again.
"I'm a deer." James adds as he enters the classroom.
Amelia sighs and enters, "I'm a seer."
Now, Remus shows up, "I'm sorry."
Amelia takes her seat next to Freya. Some of the class is laughing, confused. Others are rolling their eyes at another seek of attention by the marauders.
"You're late." McGonagall tells them.
Remus smirks, "I'm aware."
James, Sirius, and Peter all start giggling behind him. Amelia suppresses a smile. Freya looks at them and tilts her head.
With clear jokes like that, it's amazing how no one has figured out that James and Sirius are the dog and stag that everyone has a run-in with. It's amazing how they don't even think about Amelia and Peter when they see a fox and a mouse playing tag in the corridors.
It's clear that's everyone here is as blind as a bat when all the animals are following Mr. Lupin around. Luckily to them though, that if people do notice, they don't care.
☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎
"Who are you asking to the Halloween ball, James?" Lily asks as she sits down, next to Amelia.
Amelia turns to her, slightly confused to why she would ask. She turns back to James, expecting him to ask her. James doesn't look at Amelia, instead, he keeps a his gaze on Lily.
         He laughs, "I am actually going to ask her when she comes in."
        That causes Amelia to look around. A girl, who isn't Amelia or Lily, that James' going to ask out is interesting news. James smiles as the professors walk in for lunch. He gets up and sends a wink towards Amelia.
"Is there another redhead in the school that we don't know about?" Amelia whispers to Lily, causing the girl to burst out laughing.
          "Oi! Professor Minnie!" He yells to her.
          Lily and Amelia look at each other with stunned faces. Amelia covers her mouth while laughing. Lily looks at Marlene, who walked in with Sirius.
         "Will you go to the Halloween ball with me, Minnie? Say yes and make me the happiest man!" James shouts to her.
Amelia's aunt snorts, "Mr. Potter-"
She gets cut off by Sirius, who is hurt, "James, how could you! You knew I wanted to ask her to the ball."
         Amelia covers her face as her cheeks heat up, "Please tell me they're not going to confess their love to my aunt."
      Marlene giggles, "Oh, Honey. They're not just confessing their love. They're dueling over her."
        Amelia turns back to the scene. She sees James and Sirius rolling around in the ground, very playfully. James throws Sirius over the end of the Gryffindor table. The professors are either very amused or at a lose of words. Then Peter runs into the great hall.
       He is in Dumbledore's clothes. Amelia's head falls into her hands, deeply embarrassed and amused. Amelia can tell how long it took to convince Peter to do this.
      "James and Sirius, break it up." Peter, as Dumbledore, says, calmly.
        Dumbledore laughs, "Very good, Mister Pettigrew."
        Peter grabs both James and Sirius and turns to Mcgonagall. She is sitting there with a strict eye, but an amused smile.
       "Look, what you are doing to these poor boys. I shall take them to Madame Pomfrey to mend their broken hearts." And with that, Petter drags James and Sirius out of the great hall.
         While leaving, Sirius and James look over to Amelia, who is redder than Lily's hair. They laugh at her and James winks, which cause Amelia's smile to grow more.
☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎