𝑥𝑣𝑖.

"ALRIGHT, YOU AND JAMES? What is going on?" Marlene questions as they make it back to the dorm.
"Oh, come on, Marlene. It has been a year since they stopped dating. We have to let it go." Alice shakes her head.
         Lily raises an eyebrow at the look on Amelia's face, "Unless something is actually going on between you two?"
          Amelia takes a deep breath, "Well, the whole summer I stayed with him, right?"
        The girls all nod, confused. Amelia had told them stuff about James before, but never willingly. They had to walk in on her crying or force it out of her. It was a nice change.
        "The whole time I was there, he barely said a word to me. There was nothing romantic at all. He hasn't even called me Red since the end of school last year." Amelia sighs.
        "Maybe, he just didn't want to be embarrassed in front of his parents." Mary suggests.
       "You think he thinks flirting with me is embarrassing?" Amelia asks.
        Mary shakes her head, "No, I'm just saying, parents make everything more embarrassing."
"But usually, he would annoy me with how many times he asks me out. Now that I actually want him too, he doesn't. Make it make sense." Amelia whines.
"I mean, with the amount of times you have rejected him, maybe he's given up?" Lily shrugs.
"I think that if you want him, you have to make the first move." Marlene smiles.
Amelia groans, "How could I? I'm not use to just getting up and telling people how I feel about them, especially when it's a boy that I used to despise."
"Mia, sometimes you're such a wimp." Marlene teases.
Amelia laughs and throws a pillow at her best friend. Alice jumps up and throws her pillow back at Amelia. Mary, somehow, gets dragged into the mess. Lily rolls her eyes, laughing at her immature friends.
☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎
      "Oh come on, Amelia. I didn't mean it, you know that." Regulus leans against the library shelf.
          In the aisles of the library, Regulus begs for Amelia's forgiveness over what he had said to her before they left Hogwarts. Amelia ignores him, continuing to look for the book she wants.  She finds it and leaves him in the aisle.
       He follows her to her table and quickly takes a seat. He looks around to make sure no one sees him. Only a few people notice, including James and Sirius, who are avoiding reading about potions. Lily and Alice notice, but don't say anything. They both scoot away, but not far enough to not listen.
         "You know I have no choice, Mia. I never did, but I apologize to you out of my kindness." Reg sighs.
       With no expression, Amelia looks up at him, "Reg, you called me a blood traitor. You are hanging around those blood supremists-"
       "I know, but that doesn't mean I don't care about you." Regulus brushes his hand over her cheek.
Amelia looks at his hand, weirdly. Regulus had never shown this type of affection towards her before. She had always seen him as a friend. Had she been so close minded to him? She quickly brushes off her confusion and gives Regulus a stern look.
"You have a funny way of showing your care for me." She responds to him, smacking his hand away.
"Lia, you know I care for you." He deadpans.
"Not when you hang out with blood supremists." She doubts.
"You know I have no choice!" He quietly whispers, "You know who my parents are."
That causes her to look at him with pity, "Fine, IF you can hang out with me in public and not be ashamed, I'll forgive you."
Regulus smirks, "Oh my Merlin, I would never be ashamed of you, Ginger."
Skeptical, Amelia nods her head, "Sure, Reg."
Regulus grabs her hand that was laying in the table, "I mean it. You're the most important person in my life."
Amelia looks up at Reg's eyes. Neither of them move, scared of acting upon the look in Regulus' eyes. Lily and Alice eyes widen as they look over at the silence between the two.
        James takes notice and elbows Sirius, "Oy! Is your brother hitting on Amelia?"
       Sirius, who hadn't been paying attention before, looks over at the pair, "No way, she's like his sis-"
        His denial was cut off by Reg putting a loose hair behind Amelia's ear. Amelia awkwardly smiles at him. Sirius looks over at James, who's eyebrows are knit with confusion. Regulus looks as if he's flirting with Amelia, which causes Sirius to look at them disturbed.
        "This feels like a weird situation of incest." Sirius tells James.
         James watches as Regulus winks at Amelia, "Can I kill him?"
         "Not in public." Sirius shrugs.
Remus sits down, "Like James could effectively kill someone. He doesn't even know how to drain the body of blood."
They turn to Remus with confused faces. Remus doesn't notice looking over at what they were watching before he showed up.
"Huh, don't you think Regulus and Amelia would be a good couple?" He says, looking at the boys.
James glares at him as Remus smirks. Sirius sees what Remus is doing and laughs. Remus looks down at his book, avoiding James' glare.
Amelia pulls away from Regulus, looking around the room. She sees everyone's gaze on them, but they all quickly turn away. She turns back to Regulus, who smiles at her.
"I should get going to class. It's all the way in the dungeons and our free period is almost over." She blushes as she rushes to leave.
"Wait-" Regulus stops her, "Hogsmeade, this weekend?"
"I-" Her gaze lands over at James and then she looks away in deep thought, "...sure, Reg."
With another smile to Regulus, she leaves. Lily and Alice, quickly, get their things. They rush out behind her, leaving James and Sirius to stare down Regulus. Reg doesn't notice as he smirks to himself. He whispers a "yes!" and pumps his fist up to the roof. With that, he leaves the library too.
James and Sirius turn to each other, confused on what had just happened. They both close their books and get up, following the girls to potions, trying to catch up to Amelia, who is walking faster than usual.
☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎