𝒙𝒙𝒙.

"I TOLD YOU SO, AMELIA." Lily informs with a smirk.
         "Shut up." Amelia groans, secretly happy.
         Amelia covers her smile with James' pillow. Another gossip session is taking place in the boy's dorm, discussing the events that had taken place during the week. Lily explained to Amelia that she went out with James to prove her point about the "Just-Be-Friends/Be-Just-Friends" debate.
        "So what did you tell, James?" Peter questions.
         Remus shakes his head, turning the next page in his book. Due to his snarky behavior last meeting, Peter has been newly recruited as a third input.
"Well, it's kind of a blur." Amelia thinks, "But I'm pretty sure I told him he can stay in love with me."
Remus smacks his head down into his book, listening to Amelia talk. Lily and Peter laugh at his reaction as Amelia sends a warning look.
"Well, do you love him back?" Lily asks.
Amelia fiddles with the corner of the pillow, "I always have, but I don't know, Lils."
In annoyance, Remus starts to bang his head against his book. Amelia gives Lily an eye roll at Remus' dramatics.
"I mean you're Amelia and James." Peter states. "There hasn't been a day since 1st year where you haven't constantly brought him up in conversation."
Amelia blushes, "Yeah, but that doesn't mean we are meant to be. I have doubts."
"Oh for fucks sake-" Remus starts.
"Ah, ah, ah." Amelia wags her finger. "Have you learned your lesson to not be a smart ass?"
"Yeah yeah yeah." Remus rolls his eyes. "Give me a jar and I'll put money in."
Lily steers the conversation back to James, "Does he expect you to say it back?"
Amelia shrugs, "I don't know what he expects."
"Amelia, you're a dumbass," Remus announces.
"Jar!" She scolds him.
"Fine. Whatever." Remus throws a sickle at her. "I'm going to tell you what I know: I know that immediately when you come into this dorm, you sit on James' bed; I know that when you have nightmares, James is the only person you want to tell; I know that you go to that quill store just for him. Being meant to be is for fairytale relationships and not the serious, heartbreaking, earth-rattling love that even the poets struggle to write about. You and James have that love. The type of love where you wouldn't think twice about death. Don't be fucking dumb by rejecting it out of fear."
            "Remus is right. With this war going on, we have to realize life is too short to live without love." Lily agrees.
           Amelia smiles widely, "I love him."
          "Yeah, we know that, Amelia." Peter asserts. "Go tell James that."
           "Like right now?" Amelia questions, putting James' pillow aside.
           "No like when we die." Peter deadpans at the girl. "Yes, right now!"
             Amelia gets up and paces, "But I can't. What about my visions? I can't do that to him."
Amelia is more muttering to herself, but her friends hear. They look at each other with pity. They knew how Amelia's visions affected her, but they didn't want that to stop her from living her life.
"Amelia, your visions will never affect James." Peter tells her, sincerely. "He loves you and that can't be changed by a nightmare."
Mia bites her tongue, knowing that it's true, but also knowing that her visions could definitely affect James. She continues to pace and bite the inside of her cheek.
"I know he loves me. I just don't wanna be the reason he hates me." Amelia tells them, trying to figure out her feelings.
"Amelia, there are so many possibilities in the world." Remus starts, "The most unlikely of one's is where James could ever hate you. Whatever your visions are about shouldn't hold you back. I didn't let my condition hold me back."
Lily perks up at this, "What condition?"
"Remus has a mental condition." Amelia lies, off the top of her head.
"Oh, I'm sorry." Lily says. "I shouldn't of asked."
"No, it's alright." Remus replies. "But I'm serious, Mia."
Amelia nods, "I'll tell him."
The group smiles in satisfaction.
"I'll tell him during the summer."
           The group is about to object, but Amelia is already out of the dorm. The three look at each other with equally exasperated faces. They shake their heads and get up, following Amelia.
☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎
The wind blows through Amelia's hair as she walks on the homemade Quidditch pitch. James has spent the past two days they have been home for summer break at the pitch. She doesn't blame him, mostly because she has been avoiding him. She hasn't gotten back to him with a response to his confession from two weeks ago.
She looks up at James, who is flying back and forth in a blur between the goalposts. She debates joining him, but decides to stay on land, considering her nerves are already shot. In an attempt to get James' attention, Amelia shouts.
"JAMES!"
The boy looks down and upon noticing who it is, his determined face turns joyful. He races the wind down to Amelia, taking off his goggles on the way down. Noticing he's shirtless, Amelia starts to fiddle with her fingers. As much as she denies it, it is a distraction.
"Hey." He says, acting nonchalant as he gets off his broom.
Amelia giggles, "That was very casual."
James rolls his eyes, playfully, "Oh, thanks. I was practicing before you got here."
"I had a feeling you did." Amelia jokes.
When he started laughing, Amelia couldn't stop gawking at how effortlessly good James looked. Even sweaty and dirty, James made her blush.
Clearing his throat, James smirks, "So did you wanna tell me something or just stare? I don't mind. I'll stand here all day if you want."
"You know? Nevermind." Amelia teases.
She turns and walks back towards the house, but James grabs her. His joking attitude is replaced by the need to hear Amelia repeat what she said. Amelia tries to calm her heavy-breathing and the pit in her chest.
         "Wait no, what was it?" James asks.
         "Oh nothing much." Amelia shrugs.
          "Amelia, love." James whines.
          Amelia raises a eyebrow with a laugh, "Shouldn't have been snarky."
         "I am so sorry that my love for you has to be expressed." James fakes a pout.
          Amelia rolls her eyes, "James, it's perfectly easy for me to act normal and still love you."
"Did you just-" He can't even finish his thought.
Amelia breaks into a smile, happy he realized what she said, "I did."
"Can you say it again?" James grins.
"The part about being normal or.." Amelia jokes with a sense of tranquility washing over her, due to James' smile.
"Amelia," James grumbles.
Amelia wraps her arms around James' neck, "Practically falling at your feet for me."
"You're a dork," James says with a goofy smile.
She gleams, "Yeah but a dork who loves you."
James grips her tighter as if she's a flower that's going to separate and blow away in the wind. She stares at James' hazel eyes, but rather than noticing the color or the hue, she notices the want and desire behind them.
The two lean in, each holding tighter onto the other as the wind picks up. And as soon as their lips connect, Amelia remembers the reason she was so scared of a relationship with James.
But James deepens the kiss, allowing Amelia to forget all her worries. She gets lost in the passion and overwhelming need for more. A new feeling enters her body; it's as if James' grip on her is the only thing that grounds her anymore. Like she will keep falling and he will keep catching her. Like the wind picked up and the smell of rain filled the air all because of their kiss. Like the world rotated on it's axis just for their love.
Amelia pulls away, still pressed against James. His body sticks to her, like glue and paper. She glances up at him between her eyelashes with a grin. The same dopey look is reflected on his face. They stand there for what seemed like hours, not noticing the hurricane surrounding them or the fact they were still dry when they walked back into the house.
☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎
James and Sirius lay next to each other on Sirius' bed. When James first sat down, Sirius thought he was gonna talk, but it's been five minutes now. Sirius glances at James again, but ultimately, turns back to looking through a fashion magazine.
After what seemed to be another 10 minutes, James speaks up, "We kissed."
"No, we most certainly did not!" Sirius objects in shock, smacking his magazine down.
James rolls his eyes, "Not you and me, dimwit. Me and Amelia."
"Oh," Sirius gasps in realization, "That's why you look like that."
"Shove off, mate." James argues.
"So what happened?" Sirius questions.
"Merlin, she was so adorable, Pads. When we kissed, it seemed like the earth shook." James describes.
"Well, there was a hurricane outside today." Sirius shrugs, "The shaking could've come from that."
"Really? I didn't even notice the hurricane." James sighs in contentment, "I just wish she was here with me."
"Mate, she is down the hall and to the left." Sirius gives him directions to her room.
"I want to hug and kiss her again, properly." James ignores Sirius, stuck in his own thoughts.
Sirius picks back up his magazine, "Get out of my bed, Prongs."
"I should ask her out properly." James decides.
"Yes, you should." Sirius approves.
"What if she says no?" James qualms.
  Sirius chuckles, "I doubt she would say no, James."
  James practically swoons,"Oh, her lips..."
"Don't talk about her lips while you're in my bed, mate." Sirius shakes his head.
James changes the subject, "Soon then?"
"Doesn't Ginger leave soon for Molly's?" Sirius questions.
"Don't remind me" James complains. "Should I wait?"
"Well, what's another month opposed to a lifetime?" Sirius proposes.
☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎
"Don't leave me, Red." James pouts as Amelia packs.
         For the past month, James and Amelia have been dating casually. Well, as casual as one can when you've already said "I love you." Though they haven't been using labels for each other. Neither of them wants to bring it up, out of fear. James had planned to ask Amelia to be his girlfriend, but he never found the right time. Amelia was planning to ask James, but she was scared he just wanted to be casual right now.
However, usually with Sirius, the couple would go out to the shops and find moments alone. Along with that, most nights, James would come to Amelia's room and sleep there.
"Jamie, I have spent a whole month with you. I have to go visit Molly." Amelia shakes her head.
"Yeah, but what am I supposed to do?" James complains.
"You have had 15 years of experience being a lonely child. I think you'll be fine." Amelia jokes. "Besides, now you have Sirius."
        "Yeah, but I can't snog Sirius." James falls back on Amelia's bed dramatically.
         Amelia smiles at him, "It's only a month, James. I will be back before school starts and we can do all our school shopping together."
         James sighs, "I am just gonna miss you."
         "I know, but it's only three weeks." Amelia says, enjoying James' performance. "We can talk on the two-way mirror every night."
         "Why can't I just come with you?" James complains.
           "Molly has three boys already. I don't think she needs another one to take care of." Amelia explains.
         "I am offended," James tells the girl. "I would help out."
        "James, what about your parents and Sirius?" Amelia points out, "They will miss you. They probably already missing you with the amount of time you spend in my room."
        With a smirk, James turns his head to the girl, "You don't think they know, right?"
         "James..." Amelia warns.
         "I am just saying." He shrugs.
         "No, you're suggesting." Amelia rolls her eyes.
        "Well, Sirius knows we are again." James thinks, "But my parents, they have no clue about the..."
        Amelia raises an eyebrow, "About the what?"
       "About you seducing me." James teases.
        Amelia laughs, throwing a shirt she was holding at him, "I did not seduce you. You seduced me!"
        "I was on veritaserum." James holds up his hands in defense. "You just couldn't resist me."
         "James, you were sweaty and smelly. I'm pretty sure I could've managed." Amelia giggles. "I am too smart to be seduced by you."
        James narrows his eyes, "Sure, like you weren't drooling over me shirtless."
        "In your dreams." Amelia refutes.
         The two settle in comfortable silence as they just enjoy each others presence. She checks over everything she has packed as he glimpses at her every few seconds.
          "I love you." James tells Amelia, out of nowhere.
          Amelia smiles at the boy and goes to plop next to him, "I love you too."
         James puts his arm around her and she cuddles into him. She closes her eyes as he pulls her closer to him. He kisses her head, smelling the vanilla scent of her shampoo.
       Interrupting the peace, Sirius comes in to the room, "James, your parents..."
        Amelia and James get up with wide eyes. They scatter to either side of the room, pretending as if nothing has happened. Sirius, watching them with amusement, covers his smile.
         "I was gonna say that James' parents are going out." Sirius leans against the doorframe with a cheeky smile.
         James nods, scratching the back of his head, "Yeah, I know, Pads."
         "Well, hey, don't let me interrupt you." Sirius laughs, leaving the room.
          With red cheeks, Amelia motions at James to follow him. James, quickly, nods and goes after Sirius. Amelia rubs her face in embarrassment and sits on her bed. James Potter has made her a cheesy messy glob of mushiness.
☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎