𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒗.

JAMES WAKES UP with his nose filled with the scent of mint, vanilla, and rosé. His face automatically goes into a smile, recognizing the smell anywhere. He looks down and sees Amelia. He looks for his glasses and takes his best guess that they're on her nightstand.
         With his free hand, he moves it to where his glasses are, almost like second nature. He had fallen asleep in this dorm before, but he can never really remember how he ever gets up here.
       Amelia feels the movement of the pillow underneath her and wakes up. She looks up at James, who had put on his glasses. She moves back to her side of the bed and off his chest.
         "Hey. How do you feel?" She questions.
          "Like I got hit by a bludger in the head." He, then, smirks, "But this is a pleasant way to wake up."
         Amelia ignores the comment, "Do you remember anything?"
          "I remember us dancing, Sirius crying, getting wasted, and then you said you loved me." James grins.
          Amelia turns to him and tries to see his pupils, "Huh, you must still be drunk."
           "Ha ha ha," James fakes a laugh, "I don't remember anything else."
           "Well, you and Sirius kissed." Amelia enlightens.
            "Can't say I'm shocked." James shrugs.
            "Oh, and, Filch too," Amelia smirks.
             "NO!" James cries.
              Amelia giggles, "I'm kidding."
              "Well, your jokes aren't funny." James crosses his arms. "So I didn't kiss Filch?"
           "Not that I know of," Amelia assures. "You should get up."
             "Not enjoying my company?" James feigns hurt.
             "Well, my dorm mates will be back soon and I don't think they wanna find me and you in bed together." deadpans Amelia.
            "Okay, well, I'll see you later right?"
             "You already know my schedule," Amelia jokes as she walks him out.
              "Wait how did you-?" James begins.
          "Prongs, you don't really think I am clueless when it comes to your endeavors?" Amelia begins to smile.
James scratches the back of his head, "I will see you at first block then."
She nods, "That you will."
☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎
           "Mia!" Amos shouts, gaining her attention in the hall.
          She turns with an unsteady smile, "Uh hey Amos. What's up?"
           They walk into the library together. Well, more like Amos follows Amelia into the library. Amelia starts to head to the bookshelves, still paying attention to what Amos was trying to get out.
            "Look," Amos gets in front of Amelia, blocking her from moving, "Let's just agree to say sorry on three."
          Amelia stands there debating her options but Amos continues to count, "One two three."
         Silence captures their conversation. Amelia looks at Amos with a tilted head. She puts her hand on her hip, disappointed that he didn't even try.
        "Well, now I'm just disappointed in both of us," Amelia tells him as she walks past him to the bookshelves.
          "Wait." Amos sighs, "Fine. I'm sorry for getting jealous."
         Amelia gleams, "Well, I accept your apology. I'm sorry for hating Cherry."
         Amos chuckles, "It's okay. You were right about her."
         Amelia places a hand on his arm, "Are you okay?"
          Amos nods, "Well, I will feel much better if we had a classic Amos and Amelia hang out."
         Amelia narrows her eyes, "This was a trap."
         "No, no. No trap." Amos smirks, "I just think we need to bond again."
          Amelia groans, "But to do what we do?"
          Amos raises his hands, "Hey if you don't want to, you know I'll never force you."
          Amelia's uncertainty turns to exasperation, "Well, obviously we are gonna do it."
          "Now?"
           "Well, you're eager." Amelia laughs. "We still have to get the fire whiskey."
            "Well, we have to go get it," Amos tells her.
            Amelia nods, looking over at Remus, "I have something tonight but I am free right now and tomorrow morning, it will be me and you."
             From a distance, Remus notices James not paying attention to his books. He sighs and looks over at where James is focused on. He rubs his forehead with his hand and shakes his head.
            "You're staring." Remus remarks as he waves a hand in front of James' face.
             James swats Remus' hand away, "Am not! I'm just finishing my essay."
            "Is your essay stamped on Diggory and Amelia's face?" Remus questions.
            "I should just go over there." James gets up, "Just to check on her."
         Remus tries to pull James back, but to no avail, "James, come back. James!"
         Madame Prince shushes him and so, he sits down and watches James.
          "Hey, guys, going somewhere?" James asks the couple.
           They were holding hands about to sneak out of the library. They quickly look at each other with wide eyes and then back at James.
"We were just going to the..." Amos starts.
"Quidditch pitch?" blurts Amelia.
Amos turns to Amelia, "What?"
She shrugs as James stares at them suspiciously, "Oh, the quidditch pitch? Mind if I join?"
"Yes!"
"No!"
The two look at each other again, almost in defeat. They were really bad at lying off guard. Amos chuckles, turning on his charm.
"Well, you see James, we are trying to plan out a gift for our friend," Amos explains.
Amelia nods in agreement, going with what Amos said, "Yes, our friend, her birthday is coming up."
"Oh, well then, does this friend like quidditch?" James questions, still not convinced.
"What is with the interrogation man?" Diggory says, almost paranoid.
Amelia can't help but laugh. She gets in front of Amos, as he looks around the library. She knows how Amos gets when planning to do something bad, so she takes over the conversation.
"James, we are gonna go do something..." Amelia pauses, looking for the right words, "You see, the thing we are doing must be secret, so we can't tell you anything."
"Okay, just stay safe," James tells her, walking away.
He watches Amelia grab Diggory by the hand and they run out of the library, laughing. James slumps in his chair as they leave his eye view. Remus shakes his head at the boy.
"I told you to leave it alone." Remus sighs.
James crosses his arms, "They're just hanging out."
"Mmhm." Remus hums.
James snaps his head towards Remus, "Do you think they're doing more?"
"James, don't rope me into your shit." Remus, then, adds, "Again!"
He gets up and brings his book to Madame Prince, who is giving them the stink eye. Remus leaves James alone. James glances at the boy walking off but can't stop thinking of Amelia.
☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎
"Wait-" Amelia stops for a beat, "Quesadilla? How do you spell quesadilla?"
"Shhh, Mia." Diggory starts to laugh, "We need to be quiet."
"You're the loud one, Amos." Amelia crosses her arms.
Amos rolls his eyes and mimics her in a jokingly way, "You're the loud one, Amos"
Their hangouts, usually, consist of relaxing and drinking bottles of fire whiskey.  They started this tradition of intoxication in 3rd year after Amos had stolen a bottle of fire whiskey from his dad. It had been a consistent way of apologizing to the friends. Though the consequences are usually a massive headache and skipping class, this is the first time the drunken pair has walked around the castle.
They probably should've stayed in Amelia's dorm, but they couldn't help themselves. They needed to get up and move around. A risky action to take in their current state.
Amelia holds herself up on the wall as she and Amos walk down the corridor. Amos grabs her arm, staring down the hallway.
"Is that a deer?" Amos points.
Amelia giggles and runs towards it, "Look how cute he is!"
Amelia pets the deer while Amos stares wide-eyed, "Amelia, what if it has rabies? It could eat you."
"Don't worry." Amelia giggles as the deer licks her face, "Aww, James!"
"I'm pretty drunk but I'm also pretty sure that deer isn't James." Amos stays away from deer as he tries to keep walking, "Amelia, careful."
"Oh you're such a good deer, aren't you?" Amelia's baby talks.
"Mia, It's fucking looking at me." Amos pushes himself against the wall.
"Calm down." Amelia turns back to James, "Sabes te amo, ¿cierto?"
"I didn't know you could speak Spanish." Amos comments, shocked.
"Huh..." Amelia states, "I didn't even know I was speaking Spanish."
"Come on, Mia" Amos whines. "We should go. You know, before Mcgona- Mcgonaga- Mc- oh for merlin's sake. Before your aunt comes."
Amelia nods and steps away from the animal. She grabs onto Amos and they walk past the stag, who turns to look at their retreating figures.
"You think I will regret that later?" Amelia questions.
"I think you won't remember that later." Informs Amos with a chuckle.
Amelia looks back at the deer, trying to process her thoughts. The lack of impulse control had caused her to be slightly reckless, but she knows well enough what she had just said to the stag, who she knew to be James.
The animal stares at Amos and Amelia, who keep stumbling. He watches until they are near the Hufflepuff common room entrance. He runs off, wondering what Amelia had said.
☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎
          "What happened?" Amelia asks as she notices Madame Pomfrey and her aunt talking to each other outside of the hospital wing before dinner.
           The intoxication had rubbed off an hour before, but Amelia can't help being a bit paranoid. She smells her breath to see if it smells like Firewhiskey. Her aunt doesn't notice this behavior, thinking she was just yawning.
          "It seems as though your friends are causing trouble again," McGonagall informs her niece.
       "What did James and Sirius do now?" Amelia shakes her head.
       "Well, I told them they weren't allowed to see Mr. Lupin because he was still recovering, and the only way they could stay was if they were injured." Madame Pomfrey states.
        "Are they in the hospital wing right now?" Amelia deadpans.
         Madame Pomfrey nods and leads the ladies to where James and Sirius are laughing with Remus, " They punched each other in the face and told me they were injured."
       "Hello Poppy, Minnie. Oh, and you brought Mia? How wonderful!" Sirius exclaims.
       Amelia goes to James' bedside. He is staring up at her, not daring to say a word. Though Amos doubted she would remember her interaction with the deer, she recalled it pretty vividly.
        "A very angry Mia from the looks of it..." Remus adds.
       Amelia hits James on the shoulder with the book she had brought for Remus, "You idiots!"
            Madame Pomfrey intervenes, "Lia, stop hitting him before he claims he has a really bad bruise and has to stay longer."
           Amelia stops and James rubs his head, "I am feeling very fatigued."
          Madame Pomfrey huffs and throws her hands up at James' joke. She walks off, shaking her head.
          "You best stop annoying the staff, Mr. Potter." The professor advises.
           James laughs, "I am only joking, professor. Besides, Poppy loves me."
          Amelia's aunt lets out a short breathy laugh, "Well, I will be on my way, Mr. Potter, Mr. Lupin, and Sirius. Stay out of trouble and the hospital wing."
           McGonagall walks out of the hospital wing and Amelia turns her glare back to the boys.
"You have been in the hospital wing all day?" Mia asks the boys.
"Well not all day, James left to get us more snacks," Sirius recalls.
"Oh, that reminds me. How are you feeling, Amelia?" Remus questions.
She looks up from James' nose, "I'm sorry?"
"Well, James said you were stumbling in the hallway when he bumped into you this morning," Sirius informs the girl.
"You don't have a concussion, do you?" Remus worries.
"No, but I'm surprised these two dimwits don't have a concussion either. Punching each other in the face, really?" Amelia changes the subject.
"I hate to remind you but who broke their arm in the second year to be here for Remus?" James remembers.
Remus shakes his head, "That wasn't necessary and neither was this."
"Hush, Remus." James fusses.
"You could've at least brought Pete. He was all alone at breakfast." Amelia scolds.
"Well, we tried to! But he wasn't in our dorm this morning." Sirius thinks back.
"What do you mean? He never would leave without you guys." Amelia denies.
Remus nods along, "I concur, but then where would he of been?"
"Hmm, I don't know." James frets, "You don't think he has been feeling left out, do you?"
       "I am sure he is fine," Sirius assures. "Maybe he was just at the kitchen getting a snack before breakfast."
       The rest of the group nods in agreement, more hoping that was the truth. They don't give Peter's suspicious activity another thought as James starts to tease Amelia about how to spell quesadilla. She buries her head in her hands, embarrassed.
         "I would think you have one killer headache," James tells Amelia as Sirius and Remus continue a conversation of their own.
          "Yes, well I feel hangover would be a better way to define it." Amelia jokes.
          James nods, "Well, I didn't know you could speak Spanish."
          "I already knew French by the age of five." Amelia shrugs, "Nothing else to do besides learn another language."
          James ponders, "What did you say in Spanish?"
           "Oh, uhm, nothing much." Amelia avoids, "I should go down to eat. I will see you, boys, later."
        Amelia hurries out of the hospital wing, wishing James will soon forget what she said. The boys watch her leave and look at James, who just shrugs his shoulders. They all look back at the door closing.
☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎