Chapter 4

Henry POV

I led Merida to a clearing in the woods. "Who were those people?" she asked after we sat down in the middle of the clearing. "Two years ago when I was 15, these strange men came up to me and offered me a job. I said no to them because they didn't look like good news and they told me I would regret it. A week later, my father and I came home to see my mom brutally murdered." I could feel the tears forming in my eyes at the memory.

"My father looked me dead in the eyes and said it was my fault. He kept yelling at me and saying that I killed her, so I ran as fast as I could. The news about my mother got out and rumors spread through school. Everywhere I went, people would look at me like I really was a monster. Those men came up to me again and I immediately accepted because I was afraid they might do the same thing to my father even though he hates me now. They made me do horrible things and hurt people. They told me that I would become numb of the emotions but its too hard." My voice cracked and I could feel the tears running down my face.

She put her hand on my face and wiped away the tears with her thumb. I leaned into her touch, closing my eyes and sighing. Her hand was soft and welcoming like my mother's. She looked down. "Im sorry. I shouldn't have brought that up."

I shake my head and hugged her tightly. "Thank you so much. Your probably never going to talk to me after this but I just really needed somebody to talk to." I felt her shake her head. What she said next felt like somebody gave me my mother back. "You have a friend now."

I got so excited, I pulled away from the hug and kissed her. I immediately want to slap myself. What are you doing?! You can't screw this up with her! What surprised me was that she wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me closer.

I bite her lip a little bit but I can taste a little bit of blood. Oh no. I gently push her away. She touched her lip and I could see the blood on her pale fingers. I can feel y eyes changing to the dark shade of blacl that made me look like the monster they created and I looked away. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to. I just got excited but um if you liked then your welcome I guess um I'm just going to stop talking now."

I look away and try to take deep breaths. I turn to her again and she looks at me shocked. She slowly stretches her hand to my eyes and I close my eyes waiting for the screaming and footsteps. I can feel her hand touch the visible veins on my face and I flinch getting ready for the screaming to ring in my ears once again.

Instead of hearing the horrible noises, she pulls me into a hug. "What did they do to you?" I started sobbing and her grip on me tightens and she rubs my back.

"They made me a monster."

A/N
Hello. Ok sorry I had to rewrite this chapter because I accidentally deleted it and it just turned into a mess. Anyways hope you enjoyed this chapter. The mericcup feels yay! Until next chapter. More mysteries to come. Bye!