Epilogue

Hiccup POV

As the years went on, my love for Merida never ceased. Jack and I never married, but we spent a lot of time with new friends and family to keep our minds off of the girls. My father gave me the idea to adopt, so I ended up adopting a baby girl. I named her Meredith, and Jack and I made sure that she was the happiest girl ever.

She grew up, and married a man named Jonathan. They had two girls and named them Ardra and Senga. We were all a happy family. My father died at the age of 89 and I was right by his side. "I can see her, Hiccup." my father whispered in his death bed, while gripping my hand. "I can see Valka." he whispered again, with a dazed smile. I smiled at him, shedding a few tears while holding his hand tightly. "Tell her that I said hi." I choked out and I saw a tear fall down his cheek before he closed his eyes. His chest seemed to deflate, and I took in a shaky breath before kissing his forehead.

I let my lips linger on his forehead for a while, as I squeezed my eyes shut. "I love you, dad." I whispered, before he was taken away by nurses. His funeral was simple, and filled with people that cared about him. By the time my daughter, her husband, and Jack passed away, I was still young. I was walking around the woods, the same place that Merida and Rapunzel were killed. I haven't been in here since that night, because I thought that it might have been too traumatizing. As I walked and looked around, the memories of her flashed through my head.

I squeezed my eyes shut, and burried my face into my hands. I took in deep breaths and slowly opened my eyes. "It's ok, Hiccup." I heard her voice whisper and I half smiled. I contiued walking, until I accidentally kicked something made out of glass. I looked down, to see a little glass bottle, with a little liquid inside of it. I picked it up and examined it. There was a clear liquid inside of it, and I unsrewed the lid to sniff it.

I furrowed my eyebrows, as I continued to stare at the bottle. "A cure?" I questioned and suddenly felt a gust of wind. "Take the cure, Hiccup." I heard a new voice say, and I recognized it as Jack's. I reluctantly put the top to my lips. The cure was smooth down my throat and didn't have a flavour.

I didn't feel anything at first, but I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my chest. I groaned and dropped down to my knees. I looked at my fingers, and saw that they were becoming wrinkly. I felt my hair turning grey and thin. The pain ceased a little bit, and I layed down on the ground. "Goodbye." I whispered to no one in particular and closed my eyes.

The pain suddenly stopped and I opened my eyes, to see that I'm by a beautiful lake and a forest surrounding it. I stand up, and see that I'm wearing a green long sleeve shirt and black pants. I look at my hands, and see that they are back to normal. I grabbed a lock if my hair and saw that it was brown again. I also noticed that I have two braids in my hair. "Hiccup." I hear a familiar voice say. I turn around and see my father, my mother, Jack, Rapunzel, and Meredith. I run over to them and basically tackle them in a hug.

We all laugh and I pull away to look at them all. Jack looked young again, Meredith looked young again, my father looked young again and so did my mother. Meredith, my mother, and Rapunzel were all wearing white dress. Rapunzel's dress was strapless with purple and gold designs on it. Her blonde hair was pulled into a simple braid. My mother's dress was also strapless with dark green designs on it. Her dark brown hair was also pulled into a braid. Meredith's dress was spaghetti strapped with light blue designs on it. Her auburn hair was left out and curly. Jack and my father were wearing the same as me, but his shirt was dark blue and my father's was brown. "I missed you guys so much." I said, with tears streaming down my face. Meredith comes up to me and wipes my tears. "I missed you too, dad." she said and I chuckeld. Rapunzel and my mother suddenly grabbed my hands excitedly while Meredith pushed my back.

"Wait, what's happening?" I asked and the girls just giggled. "She's been waiting, Hiccup." Rapunzel answered and I suddenly got what she meant. "Where is she?" I asked, quickly becoming serious. They smiled at me, and lead me to a clearing. The grass was green and the sun shined in the middle. My focus, however, wasn't on the clearing. It was on the feisty redhead, who I loved and lost all of those years ago. She was wearing a over the shoulder, strap dress, with red designs. Her hair was out, and tamed, but still curly. "Merida!" Meredith called out, smiling.

Merida turned around, with a smile on her face. "Yes, Mered-" she stopped mid sentence and stared at me, while I did the same to her. She slowly stood up, her white dress and hair flowing in the wind. We stared at each other for a moment, before my feet sprung to action and I sprinted towards her. She met me halfway, and I hugged her tightly. I burried my face into her hair, as I hugged her tighter, if that were even possible.

She pulled away and looked at me, with tears shining in her eyes. "You're here." she breathed and I smiled at her while the tears fell down both mine and her face. "I'm here." I replied and hugged her again. I felt her sobbing on my shoulder. "Please don't let this be a dream." she choked and I pulled away from the hug.

I grabbed her face and made her look at me. "It's not a dream! It's not a dream!" I exclaimed, and kissed her over and over again. I yearned for the taste of her lips for so long, and I finally get to taste them again. I finally pulled away and rested my forehead on hers. My eyes were closed and I let her warm breath fan my face.

"You have no idea how much I missed you." I said and held her tightly. This was the best moment I have ever experienced and I didn't want it to stop. "I watched you all of those years. I watched you and Jack raise Meredith. I watched you spend time with your friends and your father. I layed with you while you slept and I wanted to cuddle with you so badly. I wanted to run there and hug you and kiss you senseless. But everytime I tried to make contact with you, you just passed through me." she cried, with new tears streaming down her face, as she continued to rest her forehead on mine.

I cried as well, and stroked her cheek. "I wanted you to be there too. I heard your voice every night. And Meredith said that she talked to you one time. I wanted to hug you. I wanted to hold your hand so badly. I remembered when you kissed my cheek at the funeral, and I wanted it to happen again." I whispered and she sniffed. "You have no idea how happy this makes me." she said while staring at me with her gorgeous ocean blue eyes.

"I missed you, monster." she added and we both laughed before I wrapped my arms tightly around her waist. "I missed you too." I replied and kissed her forehead. Meredith came up to us and hugged us both. Jack and Rapunzel came up to us, hand in hand, while smiling widely, along with my mother and father. I have never felt so content. I had her back, I actually had a family.

She was my monster, and I was her's. I was never going to let her go, ever again.

A/N
Hello. THE BOOK IS OVER!!!!!!! I had to at least add a happy ending. I may or may not have shed a few tears while writing this one too. I hope you all enjoyed this book. I had fun making it. Until my other mericcup adventures. Bye!