Chapter 17

Hiccup POV

I watch Merida and Rapunzel fall to the floor. Hans stood above both of them, with a smirk on his face while he held a silver and wooden steak. I ran over to them and cradled Merida to my chest. "Merida. Merida, please, please stay awake." I pleaded as I grabbed her face. I looked down and saw that she was pressing her hand onto her stomach. She looked back at me with tears in her eyes. "I-I'm so s-sorry H-H-Hiccup." she stuttered in pain and I choked on my words. "Please, Meri, don't do this." I whispered as a few of my tears fell onto her cheek.

She weakly lifted her blood stained hand up and caressed my cheek. I took in a shaky breath as I gripped her hand tightly. My eyes changed to black and my veins became visible, but I didn't care. "I'm sorry that I put you through this type of pain again. I know you didn't need that in your life." she whispered and that's when I began to sob. "You're all I needed." I sobbed and she smiled weakly at me before her hand went limp and dropped onto her stomach.

Her beautiful blue eyes stared off into space as her face went even more pale than it already was. My eyes widen as I began to shake her. "No. No! Merida, please!" I yelled and put my ear to her chest. I didn't hear anything. I closed my eyes as I burried my face into her neck and cried once again. That's when I noticed Hans was still standing there. I looked over and saw that Jack was holding Rapunzel, who was in the exact same state as Merida.

I turned back to Hans and stood up. I grabbed his neck and dug my fingernails in his skin, causing blood to drip down my fingers. "You killed her. She was all I had left!" I yelled at him, digging my nails deeper into his skin. He gagged and grabbed my neck. "She was just a dog!" he choked out and if it weren't for her family, I would have killed him, then and there.

"She was not just a dog! She was an amazing, caring, beautiful, loyal girl who didn't deserve that fate," I replied and grabbed the back of his neck, pulling him forward so he was on his hands and knees. I forced him to look at the bodies of Rapunzel and Merida. "Look at what you have done." I said, as I continued to force him to look at the expressionless girls. "I'd say that I did quite a good job." he responded and I snapped.

Jack must have known what I was thinking because as soon as I looked at him, he nodded and handed me one of the swords that was abandoned on the floor. I grabbed it, then kicked Hans down to the floor. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you." I said, while pressing the sword to his chest. He didn't say anything, he just looked at me, with fear in his eyes. "That's what I thought." I said coldly, but before I could kill him, I saw red and blue flashing lights. I dropped the sword and ran towards Merida's body.

I picked her up as Jack picked up Rapunzel. I turned, with new tears streaming down my face, to Merida's family. Her mother was holding her brothers as they all cried while her father tried to comfort them. I looked down at her body and closed her eyes, never seeing those radiant, ocean blue orbs again. I tried to stay strong, but was failing miserably. We all walked out, no one saying a thing as we carried the girls away from the massacre that took their lives.

Once we got outside, I dropped to the ground with Merida still in my arms. I burried my face into her neck and cried. Her head fell back, lifeless her eyes remained closed, and that just made me cry harder. "Please don't leave me." I sobbed, holding her body tighter. I screamed in pure agony as I continued to hold her cold body.

One week later

I dressed up in a black suit with a dark green tie. I stared off into the mirror, completely miserable. I heard a knock and turned to see Jack, and my father, standing there. My father was wearing the same as me, but Jack had a blue tie. They didn't say a word, and neither did I, as we all walked out of the house and into the car.