Chapter 9

Hiccup POV

Merida starts to stir and I walk over towards her. Her eyes finally flutter open and she looks at her surroundings. Her eyes finally lands on me and I smile softly at her. "You had me worried sick, do you know that?" I said sitting down next to her and sitting her on my lap. "Why, because you thought I was hurt?" she asked looking at me. I lean in and when I'm close to her face, I mutter, "no because you turned into a huge 7 foot tall dog and I thought you were going to kill me."

She responded by shoving my face away and rolling her eyes playfully. I laughed and wrapped my arms around her waist. "Don't ever scare me like that again." I mumbled before placing my lips softly on hers. We suddenly hear the phone ring and we pull away. We exchange glances and hesitantly walk over to the phone. "Hello?" I ask once I put the phone to my ear. "Give the phone to the girl." Mor'du says from the other line.

Merida POV

I look at Hiccup's expression and he frowns. I snatch the phone away from him and answer it. "Well, if it isn't the famous red head who we thought we lost 7 years ago." the voice from the other line says menacingly. "What do you want?" I asked frowning. The voice from the other line chuckles. "Isn't it obvious? I want you. I need you for my plan. Now before you go and start protesting, I have a few people here with me who might change your mind." he said.

I heard the sound of shuffling, before the phone was put on someone's ear. "Merida! Please help us!" my eyes widen in fear. "H-hamish? Are you alright? What happened?" I frantically ask as tears form in my eyes. "Meri, please! I'm scared. Dad isn't moving!" Hubert exclaims, taking the phone away from Hamish. "Where's mom?" I asked. "Merida. I need you to listen me. Whatever you do, don't come and save us-" my mother says weakly before she's cut off. It sounded like someone slapped her. My eyes widen in alarm. "Shut up! Now Merida I want you to do exactly what I say, or else, your brothers can say goodbye to your mother."

My eyes start getting watery and I run my fingers through my hair. On the other line I can hear him touching her and her whimpering. "Don't touch her!" I yell, clinging onto the phone. He laughs, menacingly and everything becomes silent. "You have a week to turn yourself in. Or say goodbye to your family." he sneers before there's a long beep and he hangs up. I stare off into space as I drop the phone.

I fall on my knees, crying and I feel Hiccup wrap his arms around me. I sob into his chest as I realize I don't have a choice. I get up and I start panting. My eyes turn yellowish-green and my canine teeth become sharper. Hiccup stands up immediately and grabs my shoulders. "Merida, everything is going to be ok. We'll figure something out. Just breathe in and calm down." he instructed and I take in very shaky breaths. I start to cry again and he pulls me into a tight embrace. "I don't have a choice. I have to turn myself in!" I sob into his chest. He rubs my back and kisses my forehead.

I walk over to the couch and sit down, putting my face into my hands. Hiccup sits down beside me and wraps his arms around my waist, making me lay down. I burry my face into his chest, trying to get rid of the huge headache I have. "What are we going to do?" I mumbled, looking up at him. He looks down at me and his grip gets tighter. "We'll figure something out." he said before kissing me softly.

I kissed him back and let some tears fall into the kiss. When we pulled away, I burried my face into his chest again and we both fall asleep.

Mor'du POV

I got that little redhead right where I want her. I look over and I see her mother trying to wake up her husband. I look over at her brothers and see that they are looking at me in fear, with tears in their eyes. Her husband finally comes to and he glares at me. "You're going to lose. Even if she does come here to turn herself in, she's strong enough to stop you." her father sneered.

"SHUT UP! She's not strong enough to defeat me! I made her into what she is today. She's one of my monsters and she will do as I say even if she doesn't want to! She may be physically strong, but her will power will make her crumble!" I yell to them. I feel my eyes turning completely black and I look at my hands. They are turning black and furry. I run out of the prison cell and into my office. I can feel my teeth becoming sharper and I run faster.

By the time I get to my office, one of my hands turned into a paw. I frantically search through my drawer and I finally find the syringe. I quickly push it into my shoulder and my body turns human again. I sigh and walk over to my mirror. "Not yet. Wait until the army is ready." I say to myself and exhale deeply.

"Wait until the army is ready."

A/N
Hello. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. What do you think happened to Mor'du? How do you think Merida and Hiccup are going to handle there situation? What army is Mor'du talking about? Until next time! More mysteries to come. Bye!