Chapter 12

Hiccup POV

I continue to hold Merida, when my phone suddenly began to ring. I reluctantly answer it as Rapunzel and Jack look at me confused. "Why hello there Hiccup." I heard Hans' voice say through the phone. I frown and looked down at Merida. The marks on her neck rose up to her cheeks now. She looks back at me with a confused and pained expression on her face. "What do you want, Hans?" I said coldly and I heard him chuckle on the other line.

"Oh, nothing really. Just thought I would pay a little visit to your dad." he said and my eyes widen. I quickly stood up, making sure Merida could stand up on her own as well. While I helped her up, I noticed that her eyes changed to her werewolf eyes. "Are you sure you can walk, Meri?" I asked quickly grabbing her shoulders. She nodded and grabbed my hands. "I'm fine, Hiccup. Don't worry about me, your dad's in trouble." she said and her canine teeth became sharper. I sighed before we all ran out of the school and towards my father's house.

Once we get there, I immediately step out of the car and run to the door. I walk up the stairs just as Hans emerged from the door, smirking and brushing his hands off. I grab his neck, stopping him dead in his tracks and dig my fingernails into his skin. He grunts and tries to pry my hands off of him, but I just tighten my grip. "What did you do?" I asked menacingly. He smirked and chuckled but it sounded strangled. "Go see for yourself." he choked out and I glared at him. "Hiccup go, your dad needs you right now." Jack said and took Hans out of my grip.

Merida and I quickly run into the house. "Dad?" I yelled and continued to search for him. "Dad? Are you there?" I kept frantically calling for my dad but I got no reply. "Hiccup! In here!" I heard Merida yell and I followed the sound of her voice. When I get there, my heart shatters at what I see. My father's body. He has a large scratch on his cheek and I saw a huge claw mark on his stomach with blood seeping through. I look over at Merida panicked before running towards him. "No. No. No! No! Dad please! Please dad wake up! Dad, please. Please wake up!" I pleaded and rocked his body, so that he would wake up. His body suddenly jolted up and his eyes snapped open. "H-Hiccup," he said weakly and I grab his hand. "You're going to be okay. You're going to be okay, just stay awake, alright. Stay awake." I instructed, my voice cracking.

He smiled sadly and I feel thousands of tears rolling down my cheeks all at once. "You have to stay awake. Please dad. Please stay awake." I whispered. "Hiccup, I know it's not your fault that she's gone. I only said it out of anger and sadness. I love you son...." he said weakly. I start sobbing as I've waited to hear those words again. "I love you too, dad. But, please. Please, stay with me. I want to start over. I-I-I want to have a life with you again. Dad, please don't do this to me. I can't lose you and mom." I sobbed and he smiled. "I'll try to hold on for as long as I can." he whispered and that was enough motivation for me.

I guess Merida read my mind because as soon as we stopped talking, she walked over to us and picked up my dad, making sure that her claws didn't dig into his skin. "Huh, he's a lot lighter than I thought," she said and I chuckled sadly. He started to become a little more pale and I became alarmed. "We need to get him to the hospital, fast." she said and I nodded before we both hurriedly walked out of the room and house. Jack and Rapunzel are still outside, holding down Hans. I glare at him and marched towards him. "D'you like your gift, Haddock?" he asked smugly.

My glare becomes stonier as I grab the front of his shirt, pull him towards me, and I punch him, straight in the nose, hard. He stumbles back and before I turn around, I said, "a message to Mor'du. You mess with my family or Merida's, then we're coming for you." I got into the driver seat just as Merida set my father in the back seat and got into the passenger seat. i sped off towards the hospital, which is thankfully 8 minutes away and jump out of the car.

Once we pull up to the hospital, I practically jump out of the car and help my dad. Merida helps mr carry him and we make our way to the doors. When we walk in, the doctors and people are staring at us, specifically Merida. They start whispering and taking glances at us as we hurriedly make our way towards the front desk. The lady at the receptionist looks at us and eyes Merida up and down before turning her attention to me. "My father needs help. Right away." I said and she nodded.

"I'm sorry sir, but your friend here is going to have to wait outside. you know, dogs aren't aloud in the building." she said and I sent her the coldest glare ever. "It's not my fault! we just don't want her eating any patients." she explained with a fake innocent tone. "Oh no! it's fine! I only eat ignorant people."
Merida spoke up and pushed me out of the way. I looked at my dad and, surprisingly, he looked just as pissed as I did. "Listen here, big lips," Merida started and I noticed all of the lipstick the lady was wearing. "this man was almost killed and needs medical attention. You can call me a dog and it won't affect me because that's what I am. Now get us a room." she demanded and I smiled.

"She's a keeper." I heard my dad say weakly and I chuckled. The lady glares at her and calls the doctor. They took my father to the emergency room and Merida and I sat down in the waiting room. "Excuse me ma'am. But what is it like being a werewolf?" a little girl came up to us with a little boy holding her hand. "Very exciting," Merida answered and they smiled. "but sometimes very difficult. It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be." the little boy looked down and saw her claws. He gasped and looked up at her cheek. He hesitantly stretched his hand out and touched her cheek. "How long have you been one?" the little boy asked in awe.

Merida smiled and gently grabbed the little boy's hand, making sure not to scratch him. "For almost eight years. My father is one too. We used to always go out on a full moon. Our legs would take us as far as Scotland and back before the sun came up." she answered and their little eyes stared at her in admiration and awe and so did I. They kept asking her questions and she would answer them until their parents called them over. They bid goodbye and right when they left, Merida's phone rang.

We looked at each other before we both stepped out of the building. She answered the phone and put it on speaker. "You were lucky this time, Haddock. But times still running out for her," Mor'du said and as soon as he said it, Merida cringed in pain and fell to the floor. I rush to her side and see that the marks are running up over her eye and to her forehead. Her eyes flashed to yellowish-green to blue and back to yellowish-green. "Two more days, Hiccup, time's ticking."

Before he hung up, I heard him say, "come and get me. We're ready."

A/N
Hello. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry it took so long to update, I was just having a hard time coming up with an idea. I didn't want to kill Hiccup's dad. Anyways until next time. Bye!