Chapter 5

Merida POV

I was still holding Henry as he sobbed into my shoulder. Im trying my best to comfort him while rubbing his back but I'm really curious but I don't want to make the situation worse. He pulls away and I look at him with sad eyes. "They were doing experiments with some other people who were working for them and unfortunately, I was one. They gave me this weird liquid and the next morning, I woke up with these" he opened his mouth to reveal really sharp fangs.

I look at him dumbfounded. "When I woke up I got this weird craving for blood. I was in a strange room and I saw a cup of red liquid on a table. I walked over to it and I smelled it. When I found out it was blood, I looked in the mirror and saw that my eyes changed from green to black and there were veins the same color surrounding it."

"Wow." I breathed and he smiled a sad smile at me. I put my hand to his cheek and wiped away the extra tears. "I'm so sorry Henry. But I think I know who those people you were talking about." it was his turn to look at me dumbfounded. I've never told anyone this before and only my mother and father know.

"When I was only ten years old, I was playing in the woods with my parents. We were having a wonderful time being carefree and enjoying each others company but that moment ended too soon when four strange men approached us. They came up to me and started talking about a big opportunity for me and saying that I could help change the world." I looked at Henry and he grabbed my hand, squeezing it gently. "My father came up to us and yelled at the man to stay away from me and told me to run to my mother but it was too late because these strange creatures that looked like dogs surrounded us. I knew they weren't dogs because they were standing on their hind legs like humans. My father picked me up and ran towards a clearing. I looked behind us and I saw that those things were right behind us. Then one tackled my father and I and-" I started stuttering at the vivid memory.

"There was so much blood and screaming and I felt so much pain in my stomach and legs and my back. But the worst part was that I just had to sit through the pain. I saw my father had an equal amount of injuries but the blood was everywhere. The thing that hurt the most about it was my father and I got these large scars on our necks." I remove the braid that was resting on my left shoulder to reveal the huge scar running across the side of my neck to the middle of my back, sort of like a diagonal but with a curve. This is one of the many reasons why I grew my hair out to my waist and why I thank the gods its so thick.

"But they also left me with something else." I felt my eyes turning from blue to a yellowish-green and my kanine teeth becoming a lot sharper then they should have been. I looked down but his hand left my hand a lifted up my chin.

"Your not the only monster." I muttered looking into his now black eyes.

A/N
PLOT TWIST!!! So just to make things clear, Henry(aka hiccup) is a vampire and Merida is a werewolf. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Until next time! More mysteries to come. Bye!