|22| Leave Me

•°~✿~°•

•°~✿~°•

Dread built in me as I heard the nurse tell Hoseok that visitors were no longer permitted in the ICU as of today. I wanted to reach out, to hold him and comfort him but ever since he got the news he wouldn't let me near him. It stung but I didn't blame him the slightest bit. Right now all I wanted was for Jiwoo to be alright.

"When will visiting hours be available again?" I spoke up as he had remained silent after she had told him that information. She smiles sadly, pitying Hoseok as she turn to steal a glance at him.

"Not until tomorrow sorry."

"Okay...thank you." I mumble.

"Thank you for what?" Hoseok snapped, glaring at the poor nurse who was only doing her job. But he was in so much pain right now that he was acting out of character. "She didn't do shit but deny me entrance to see my sister!" He roared angrily and I reached out to grab his forearm, this time letting me keep my hold on him.

"I'm sorry sir, but if you're going to continue to act this way I will have security escort the two of you out." She kept her head up high despite his rude words and I apologize to her on his behalf.

"Try to understand please, we'll be leaving now but we'll be back tomorrow. Is eight am okay to visit?" I asked her and she sighed, nodding her head.

I tugged on Hoseok's arm and he exhaled angrily, walking alongside me as we walked out of the hospital doors. He removed the hold I had on his and roughly tugged on his hair. My heart ached seeing him like this and knowing I couldn't do anything to make him feel better.

His sister was fighting for her life in the ICU.

I can't even begin to imagine what's going on in his head. Hoseok turns to look at the hospital and he exhales, "you go home. I'm staying here." He mumbles coldly as he hands me the car keys.

"And do what Hoseok?" I questioned him, grabbing his hand instead of the keys and he turns to look at me with bloodshot eyes. My frown deepens. "Waiting here won't make a difference, let's just go home now so that you can take a shower and get some good rest. We'll be back tomorrow." I tried to assure him but he clearly wasn't having it.

"I don't need a shower or to rest. I want to see my sister." He pulls his hand back but I don't release it and instead he pulls me forward towards him. He widens his eyes, his bottom lip quivering.

"Hobi," I spoke softly cupping his face in my hands. "She's going to be okay." I wasn't sure if my words would even work but something in the pit of my stomach told me that Jiwoo would pull through and be back to her normal bubbly self in no time.

"And if she's not?" His eyes got teary and soon they streamed down his cheeks like a waterfall. I pull him in for a hug, his whole body shook as he sobbed into my neck and I felt horrible that the only thing I could do was hold him as he broke down.