|4| Enlighten

•°~✿~°•

•°~✿~°•

It's the second week now of working at JH Incorporated as the CEO's personal assistant. I'll admit, it has gotten harder. There's so many things to keep in mind when you have a job like this.

1. Don't forget to report back to your boss, ever. You can't forget. Or else they'll literally grill you with the fire burning in their eyes of just how angry they are.

2. Always remember to make sure your boss gets his or hers daily coffee, if they drink it, because if not it'll be like having the devil in the room right next to you.

3. Write down everything your boss says the second he's saying it. Because you'll be so sure that you will remember what he/she said but the moment they ask for you to repeat what they've said it's like a blank canvas. Blank.

And last but certainly not least,

4. Next time you drive out of a dance studio, or anywhere you could back out of a parking space, make sure 100% that no one, not even a tiny little ant is behind you. Because you'll most certainly regret it later on.

"Eliza." His voice fills my ears, yet strangely enough it didn't seem to bother me as much as it did on my first day here.

"Yes sir?" I stand up and bow, thankful that today I chose to wear pants. Hoseok inches closer to the desk and tilts his head awfully a lot.

"Are you, married by any chance?"

My eyes widened into the size of golfs balls as his bizarre question left his lips. I stood frozen on the spot, his eyes burning into my face as he waited for my response.

"M-married?" I inquired, my face scrunching up in disgust but at the same time confusion. Married? How could he possibly think that I would be married?

"It's just that. . ." He leans against the desk and pressed his lips into a straight line. It feels like the airs have been punched out of my lungs the second he says;

"Back in the orphanage, I am almost certain that Mrs. Gryffon called you Elizabeth Archer and not McCann."

"S-she did?" I chuckled nervously, fumbling with the pen in my hands. He looks at me and nods. I gulp, "I, think she must have gotten my name mixed up with someone's else's." Is the first excuse I can spit out.

"-I'm not the only person in the entire world named Elizabeth you know?"

He hummed, bopping his head. "so then that means you're not married?"

"Of course not sir." I replied politely as a man in a suit walked out of the elevator. Hoseok raised his brows at my odd response but chuckles, knowing why I did the moment he turns around.

"Hyung, what brings you here?" Hoseok's smile is, I didn't think was possible, brighter and wider than ever before as he greets the person in front of him.