|1| Mend

•°~✿~°•

•°~✿~°•

"Where is it?" I mutter frustratedly to myself, scanning through my bedroom for the black leathered notebook.

"Beth!" I hear the girls yell from downstairs making me internally groan and pull on my hair.

"I had it seconds ago." I exhale, getting down on my knees and looked under the bed.

"Beth! Have you seen my headphones!" The room door swung open, revealing a obviously annoyed Kaine.

I blow the hair out of my face, "where did you leave them last bub?"

"I let Karter borrow them, but he said he came to your room because it was quiet here and he hasn't seen them since." He groaned, rolling his eyes at the mention of his twin brother.

"Check his room, he's most likely lying." I scrunched my nose and pushed him out but followed him over to Karter's room.

"Would it kill you to knock?" Karter groaned when we waltzed in when he was in the middle of putting on his shirt.

"Why? You have everything I do, the exact same." Kaine scoffed and flicked his head.

"Ow!" Karter groans, "but Beth doesn't."

Kaine glanced over his shoulder and grinned at me, "she used to give us baths, or have you forgotten?"

"That was over ten years ago! I've changed a lot since." Karter pouted and covered his clothed chest.

"The only thing that changed is your voice, it got deeper, but besides that you look the same, all scrawny." Kaine tsked.

"Did you just diss yourself?" Karter gave him a blank look. Kaine hummed and nodded.

"I guess I did."

"What do you want anyways?" Karter muttered in annoyance, shoving some textbooks into his backpack.

"My headphones, Beth hasn't seen them so you didn't leave them in her room." Kaine replied crossing his arms over his chest.

"You should really take care of your things Kaine, over there bugging Beth." Karter tsked. I cracked a smile while Kaine smacked him across the head.

"Shut up, you're the one who lost the-are you serious!" Kaine screeched and walked over to a pair of white headphones that laid on Karter's night stand.

"Ohh, you meant those?" Karter grinned nervously, scratching the back of his neck.

"No I meant the ones that go up your bu-"