|6| Options

•°~✿~°•

•°~✿~°•

My heels clicked against the school's worn out tiles. The hallways were silent since everyone was most likely in their classes by now.

It felt really weird to be back here, after having graduated I truly didn't think I'd be back here so soon unless it was for the twins own graduation.

But clearly Karter had other plans. Even at the age of seventeen he was still stirring up trouble. Which would mostly end up with me attending the meetings instead of our parents.

I hardly thought of it, but I knew our parents were highly dedicated to their jobs. It was their dream job anyways, working alongside each other and all.

Yet they rarely got time off, or time to themselves for that matter. So I understand where Karter is coming from when he says he doesn't want to bother them with this.

I guess a part of him really doesn't want to disappoint them. But what child ever wants to disappoint their parents?

"Hello, I'm here with see Mr. Kim? The math teacher? I'm Karter McCann's guardian." I say to the lady behind the tall desk. She types away on her computer and pops her bubblegum loudly.

I flinched.

"He's in the teachers lounge, I let him know you're here so why don't you take a seat and wait for him?" She nods towards the chairs and goes back to typing away on the old fashioned desktop.

I purse my lips together and sit down, letting my eyes wander around the high schools office which hardly changed at all over the years.

The phone in my hand vibrates, a message from Hoseok popping up. My stomach fills with butterflies at how worried he was.

I told him that I needed to meet with my brother's teacher. He asked me why and I couldn't give him a concrete reply since I wasn't really all that sure why the teacher wanted to speak to an adult.

He allowed me to come only if I texted him every chance I got to let him know what was going on. It made my insides feel all giddy from how concerned he was with this whole situation.

"Mr. Kim, she's right there." I hear the lady speak up as I finish writing back to Hoseok. I stand up quickly at the mention of me and I'm greeted by a familiar face.

His eye smile causes to pinch myself. How are these men real? Seriously.

"Elizabeth? You're Karter's sister I presume?" Namjoon chuckles softly and motions me to follow him.

"That would be me." I chuckle and nod. "what is this about? Is Karter misbehaving again?" My voice turns serious, tapping my foot against the floor.

"Again?" Namjoon ponders, smiling softly and shaking his head. "that's not the case at all. At least not with me, Karter is very smart and attentive in class." He starts.