|15| Series of Events

•°~✿~°•

•°~✿~°

Her hair cascaded down just beneath her ribcage, her eyes sparkled as she spotted me between the crowd and the smile that over took her face was enough to leave even a blind man breathless. I approached her slowly, "didn't I tell you to stay in the car? So impatient." I tsked, laughing as she snatched the plastic bag from my hands.

"But I wanted my ice cream now." She pouted, a thick coat of sweat had formed on her forehead and ran down her neck and into such a glorious place beneath her shirt. I gulped, shaking away those thoughts and pecked her lips.

"Then let's get in the car it'll melt in this heat." I intertwine her hand in mine and pull her over to where it was parked. I put the air conditioner on blast and as it blew on our faces her cheeks became a rosy color. She didn't pay it no mind as she devoured her ice cream cone.

She glances over to me, "why are you staring at me?"

"I'm just glad that I can share moments like these with you." I state, wiping vanilla ice cream from the corner of her lips and lick it off my thumb. She gulps thickly, averting her eyes away from me and sets them on the little air freshener I had inside.

"Have you spoken to your sister?" She asks meekly, breaking the silence. I turn to her, furrowing my brows. My sister came off as a strong character for those who met her for the first time, and because they met each other in my office I know she must've thought Eliza was the same as my old secretaries.

I wondered what she would say when she finds out that we are now dating. Things could possibly end up in flames. My sister, -older sister as she rightfully claims to everyone- isn't someone who's persuaded and easily trusts others. She's a kind person don't get me wrong there, she's just not like me who gives everyone the benefit of the doubt.

She'll come up with crazy scenarios as soon as she finds out we're dating. More so that we're living together. But I've already rehearsed for when that day comes. I'll defend Elizabeth with everything in me, no one will talk badly about her or accuse her of anything. She's innocent in every aspect and I won't let my sister make her cry with her harsh words.

"My sister?" I finally asked after breaking out of my own thoughts that seemed to have consumed me for a moment there. She bops her head up and down. "Um, I'm pretty sure she texted me three days ago bragging about some food she had." I shrugged.

She smiles, "was it a Korean dish?"

"Mhm. Tteok-bokki." My mouth waters at the thought of it and I begin to crave some from back home. "It's stir fried rice cakes."

"Rice cakes?" She scrunches her cute little nose in confusion. I nod my head, reaching out to caress her cheek. She smiles at my touch, leaning in into it. I push myself towards her, capturing her cold lips in a kiss.