|10| Meeting

•°~✿~°•

•°~✿~°•

"You two did what?"

The twins stand besides each other. Their hands behinds their backs and heads facing down to the ground. Our dads stood in front of them, scolding at them for what they just told them.

"Beth has never dated anyone dad. We can't just allow her to date just anybody." Karter is the first to speak his mind, lifting his head and meeting their ice cold gazes. He shrinks back and mutters an apology.

Jonah uncrosses his arms and pinches the bridge of his nose, "that's not up to you guys. Either of you. She's an adult now and whether she dates or not is her business. You guys aren't Rin."

"Don't you think we know that?" Kaine suddenly snaps, balling his fists at his sides. "we'll never be half the man he is. But guess what? We're here and he isn't." He spits out angrily.

"Kaine. . ." I mutter, reaching out for him but he steps back and shakes his head. He runs his hand over his face and chuckles,

"He's gone. And since he left you two have been neglecting us." Kaine says to our parents, his face red in anger. I press my lips together and remain quiet. "Elaine and Itzel are still small, they need you to teach them so many things. . ."

"But you two rather bury your noses in work than take care of the children you specifically chose." He finishes, not moving a inch from his spot.

"Dad- " I start but he raises his hand up and shakes his head. I bite down on my lip.

"We're sorry." Ivan states. The three of us look up at him in shock. He smiles sadly, "you're right, Rin leaving affected us too much because we always thought we'd all be together."

"We promise to make more time for you guys. I'm sorry we made you feel like you couldn't tell us how you were feeling." Jonah walks over to him and hugs him tightly, "you're all our children okay? We love you all equally."

"Though what you two did still isn't right. You can't force the poor guy to come eat dinner with us. Especially on such short notice." Ivan tsks, shaking his head disapprovingly.

"Actually. . ." I speak up. All their attention falls on me. I smile, "he said yes. He'll be here in a couple of hours?"

"Oh wow." Jonah glances at his husband and mouths 'what do we do?'

"I don't know! Our little girl isn't so little anymore!" Ivan panics and rushes into the kitchen. Seconds pass by and he runs back out, taking ahold of Jonah's earlobe and drags him along.

"What was that about?" Karter asks his twin, a frown plastered on his face. Kaine sighs and looks over to the kitchen,

"I just said what we've all been thinking."