|3| Memory Lane

•°~✿~°•

•°~✿~°•

I have to endure this for a year, and so far, it's only been,

Three

L o n g

Hours

Someone kill me now before I go in there and choke that man to death. He's impossible to please! Nothing I do seems to be of his gratify. He doesn't confirm with anything! How he's the owner of this entire building is still a complete mystery to me.

He doesn't even allow me to finish a single task he assigned me before he's already assigning me another! I'm so close to losing my shit and lashing out on him. I haven't even known him for longer than a month and he already has me cursing him out in my head.

Also, how does he have so much money? It's such an insane amount of money and it just accumulates with each passing second. Multiplying by tens, hundreds and even thousands.

I will admit though, he handles things I absolutely had no idea he would. He's built schools in more than five country's, along with two homeless shelters. One also happens to be located here in New York.

None of this can be found online though. There's literally nothing on websites nor news broadcasts about the good deeds his company has done. It's like, they don't exist on anything outside of it.

Like he doesn't want anyone to know what he does here. Why though? Shouldn't he want everyone possible to know about it? It'd give him really good reputation.

Unless he's ashamed of it? No. That doesn't make sense at all.

So then why?

"Miss McCann, can you please stop zoning out." He knocks softly on my desk with his knuckles, his gaze cold. I give him a bored look in return and lean back in my chair. "what are you doing?"

"Huh? I'm just doing my job. But if you think I'm not doing a good job you can just rip up that contract and I'll be out of your life forever." I clamped my hands together and grinned.

He blows out a breath, "Eliza, you're really testing my patience." He gritted. I pursed my lips and feigned innocence, pointing at myself with widened eyes.

"Are you talking to me, sir?"

"You're the only other person in this room right?" He mocked, grabbing the pen out of my hand. "nothing you can or will do will make me tear up that contract. You're mine for a year under the law."