Chapter 20

RIMURU(P.O.V)

For the first time in several weeks, I was back in Tempest.

Things seemed to operate without a hitch whether I was around or not. 

So I figured that I could take a very casual trip to the Kingdom of Ingrassia, but before I even think of going on another journey I would have to make absolutely sure that the citizens would not be harmed during the attack.

I was currently sitting on Shuna's lap in my slime form thinking about all the measures I could take.

One thing that I thought of was that I could release Veldora, but I would have to keep his identity a secret for now, since Diablo would like to go and recruit the demons.

But.... there was one catch.... he wanted to recruit nearly Eleven Thousand Demons in Total!!!!!

To quote Diablo himself: "After merging with my other self which was still roaming around in the underworld I got the memories of myself who lived in this timeline. While basically reliving those memories some noteworthy demons caught my interest, in fact there were nearly 50 more demons who managed to catch my attention all belonging to the ruling class, all of them being Archdemons with two hundred subordinates of their own."

Making their bodies is not a problem for the current me, but should I name them all?

that's another question bugging me.

Meh... I will just name them anyways.

Then there is only one option left...

Bringing Zegion and Apito to protect the towns folks.

It would be pretty easy for the current Shion to easily defeat the otherworlders and the invading knights but I want to ensure the complete security for the people.

With that out of the way I should start preparing for my trip.

"Shuna gather the executives in the meeting hall, I would like to discuss some things."

"On it Rimuru sama."

with that she gently kept me on a cushion and left.

...

A few moments later in the meeting hall I explained to them the reason of my departure to the human kingdom they were insisting on coming along with me but after some more explanation about how they would stand out more it was decided that like last time Ranga will be accompanying me along with one of Soei's clone always being in my shadow.

Right as the meeting was about to end I also brought up another topic.

"There is one more thing I would like to say."

"What is it sir Rimuru?" Benimaru asked.

"Well if I go out the city other kingdoms could also attack us."

"That is indeed a possibility." Hakuro commented.

"I know that their is a barrier protecting this town but I would like all of you to be on your absolute highest alert, along with that I would also tell Zegion and Apito to guard the town in turns."

"With that said I would like Geld to do serious checks on everyone entering the town even if they are a messenger or royalty the of any other nation."

"I will absolutely not let anyone pass through without checking them thoroughly." Geld declared.

"Shuna I want you to keep watch over the town gates to make sure we don't have anyone suspicious coming or going along with Geld"

"Benimaru you and the others will increase the rate of patrols near the town and in the town too."