- THE SHOCKING TRUTH

"Y/N, WATCH OUT!"

"Y/N, WATCH OUT!"

She turned her head, eyes growing wide. Her body refused to move and it was like she was frozen in place. Fear coursed through her veins and her knees quivered.

'This is it. I guess I'm not marrying Fuyu after all. Goodbye cruel world... I won't really miss you. You killed my cat..."

Chifuyu abruptly sprinted forward, jaw clenched as he raced against the clock to save his one and only. Without thinking, he leaped forward, shoving Y/N out of the way. She tripped and stumbled, screaming as the vehicle hit Chifuyu instead. Like a rag doll, his limp body was flung across the pavement.

He hit the road harshly and he heard something crack, most likely one of his ribs.

"Fuyu?! Oh gosh, Fuyu!" Y/N shrieked as she scrambled over to him. Her skin was bruised and cut but she didn't seem to care as she desperately shouted out his name.

"Chifuyu?!" The rest of the Toman members rushed over. Y/N placed a finger against the blonde's neck, trying to find a pulse.

It was weak but his heart was still beating, thankfully.

"Call an ambulance!" She screamed to no one in particular, "Do it now!" Smiley grabbed his phone, quickly dialing the hospital.

"They say they're coming! Just hang on, Chifuyu!" The peach-haired boy shouted

"Fuyu! Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! This is all my fault! I'm so sorry!" She apologized over and over again as her nimble fingers trembled. "Bleeding... you're bleeding! Gotta stop the blood!" Y/N hurried to dig around in her pockets, looking for something, anything. When she found nothing, she reached to rip the hem of her shirt before Chifuyu stopped her.

He silently grabbed her hand in his and sent her a sweet smile that almost made her burst into tears.

"I don't think I'm gonna survive this, Y/N." He murmured, "One of my ribs is broken and it's getting harder... to breathe." He tried to inhale but ended up choking on his own salvia. He coughed, spitting out a mouthful of blood. Y/N gasped, eyes glazing over.

"Chifuyu, dude, hold on! The ambulance is on its way!" Baji exclaimed, "It won't be long now!"

He simply hummed.

"I'm trying to... but it's hard." He shifted around, groaning in pain. "So... hard... I think... I see light... it's comforting... in a way." He chuckled, "I never thought... I'd say something... like that."

"No, Fuyu, you can't leave me like this!" Y/N shouted, gripping onto his shirt for dear life. "We have so many things we need to do! Like, go on more dates, get to know each other better, and get married! You still wanna do that, right?! I wanna see you in a suit as I walk down the aisle! Please Fuyu, don't go!"

"Ah... I'll try..." He muttered, voice growing hoarse. He was giving them fake hope because there was no way he was going to come out of this alive.

"Oh... I... can cook, I can clean, I... can fight? Yeah, I can fight. I can defend you. I can patch you up when you get injured. I can tuck you in and kiss you goodnight. And I can... buy you plushies." Chifuyu peered at Baji, wondering if that was good enough.

"It's eight and ninety-two more to go." They corrected him at the same time

"You've got a little something over here, Fuyu."

"Hey, Y/N, you've got a little something over here."

She bent her knees slightly, pressing a light had chaste kiss to her soulmate's cheek. She smiled. "That can be your payment."

"You'll greet me like that when we get married, right Fuyu?" She teased, "If I don't die, that is."

"Y/N," Chifuyu uttered, "If you died, you'd go to Hell and it would immediately spit you out."

Chifuyu gritted his teeth together. He didn't want to go, not yet. He didn't want to leave Y/N nor his cat all alone. But, as his life flashed before his eyes, he realized that he didn't have much time left. He swiftly turned to face Y/N.

"Baji Y/N, will you do the honors of making me the happiest man alive? Will you... will you marry me?" It was so sudden but, at a time like this, neither of them cared. Sobbing, Y/N hastily nodded her head.

"Yes! A million times yes!" She exclaimed, tears streaming down her face. Chifuyu beamed and, gently, he raised a hand. He gingerly grabbed the back of Y/N's neck, pulling her down. Their lips collided in one last kiss and, even though Baji was usually repulsed by such actions, he refused to make a snarky remark this time.

Y/N pulled away first, sadly smiling.

"Hey, Fuyu," She uttered, her voice cracking, "... You've got a little something... over here." Chifuyu chuckled, holding her hand tightly.

"Let's go on a date, Y/N, to the arcade? Let's play another round... of air hockey. I'll win... this time and... I'll win you... a plushie." As his eyes began to slowly droop, Chifuyu flashed Y/N, Baji, and the rest of Toman a small smile. Tears rolled down Y/N's face like small diamonds while Baji looked away, holding back his emotions. He didn't want to see his friend like this, in pain while his older sister cried.

"Hey, Y/N," Chifuyu muttered, his voice barely a whisper, "Take care of Baji-san and Toman for me." She just silently nodded, pressing her lips together into a thin line as her heart began to ache. Chifuyu quietly groaned, the agony becoming too much. His breathing grew uneven and he found it hard to fill his lungs with oxygen. His throat burned and tightened as he struggled, desperately fighting to stay alive for the sake of Y/N, his friends, and his family.

Blood seeped out of his various wounds, staining the once clean tar below.

"Chifuyu..." Mikey who stood behind Y/N crouched down beside her. He placed a hand on her shoulder, comforting her.

Chifuyu grunted, writhing around in pain and trembling. It hurt, it hurt so bad. Y/N's breath hitched as she thickly swallowed, hands trembling. Slowly, the blonde's eyes began to close. Y/N and Toman could do nothing but watch as the life was drained from Chifuyu's eyes.

Soon enough, he fell completely still and, as Y/N desperately shook him, he remained motionless and unresponsive.

"Y/N." Baji was the first to speak. Despite his calm exterior, it was clear he was doing everything in his power to not break down. He pulled up the sleeve of his Toman uniform, exposing the once black ink that was now pigmented golden. Y/N's eyes widened.

Chifuyu didn't belong to her, he never did in the first place. He wasn't her soulmate, he was Baji Keisuke's.