- OH, IT'S YOU

Chifuyu's funeral was held a week or so after his death

Chifuyu's funeral was held a week or so after his death. Y/N lowered her head, refusing to look at the casket that held her beloved's body.

She bit her trembling lip, holding back tears. Baji reached out, grabbing her hand and gently holding it. He offered her a toothy grin.

Even though Chifuyu and Y/N weren't actually soulmates after all, they genuinely loved each other. And, Baji wasn't even mad. He was understanding and gave Y/N all the time she needed to calm down.

"Baji Y/N, would you like to say a few words?"

She lifted her head, silently nodding. She stood up, dusted off her dress, and walked towards the podium.

She had no speech planned whatsoever but that didn't matter because she knew what to say.

"Matsuno Chifuyu was... well... there are actually no words to describe him. He was kind, loving, compassionate, caring, selfless... he was everything to me and, he may not be my real soulmate... but he felt like it. He made me feel like I was enough and I will forever feel grateful for that." She gingerly smiled, "To Chifuyu's mother... I'm sorry. If I had been more careful... this wouldn't have happened. To my brother, Keisuke... I'm sorry. I should have realized earlier that he wasn't the one for me. To Toman, the gang that he treasured... I'm sorry. Blame me all you want because I'm willing to take responsibility."

She turned around, placing a manga book on top of Chifuyu's coffin. It was his favorite Shoujo series, written and drawn by her.

"Hey... Fuyu... I got you the newest edition of my manga that you seemed to love... treasure it well, k?" Y/N stepped down, joining her brother once more.

He embraced her and all the tears that she had been trying to bite back escaped.

"Kei... I'm so sorry... this is all my fault." She quietly sobbed.