Chapter 5: Till I Feel Your Touch

Charles' POV:
Before I even knew what I was doing, I kissed her. My head kept screaming that this was wrong.. I knew it was. She was a married woman goddammit!

But the kiss was electric, and when she didn't pull away, I knew she wanted this just as much as I did.

No! Stop! This is wrong!

The voices in my head grew louder with every breath. My heart was pounding out of my chest. Guilt overwhelmed me, but I couldn't force myself to let go. I wanted her more than anything.

She pulled away slowly, her ocean blue eyes sparkling. Damn, she was perfect.

"Madeline?" I asked nervously. "Are you sure you want this? What if Robert finds out?"

She lifted her finger to her lips, laughing teasingly. "Nobody needs to know.." she whispered.

I sighed heavily and nodded, cautiously leading her back to my apartment. My heart was still pounding, my breathing quick as I led her inside.

The place was a mess, books strewn all over the floor, dishes piled in the sink. I hadn't been home in months. My parents were sick and dying, so I made it my mission to take care of them. I had no idea how long they'd keep me there.

"Sorry about the mess," I muttered. "My parents are elderly and sick. I've been away for months taking care of them.. haven't really had time to tidy up."

She nodded, smiling softly. "Charles, it's fine. It suits you."

She didn't even blink twice before kissing me again, wrapping her arms around my neck as we stumbled to the bedroom.

My hands were shaking as I tugged at her dress, letting it pool at her feet. I tried my best to hide my nervousness from her, but she quickly realized that something was wrong.

"Charles, what's wrong? Are you.. nervous?" she asked, giggling softly.

"A little.." I admitted. "It's just been a while since I've been with anyone like this. I guess I'm much better at romance than being physical."

I fell in love with her all at once, but this was completely unexpected.

"Relax.. I'll help you," she whispered.

I nodded slowly, my mind racing as she slipped her hands beneath my shirt. Her touch was foreign, but also warm and inviting. I'd never felt like this before.

Showed me paradise where all I saw was sin.. found a new beginning to a better end. Opened up my eyes and let your life pour in. Now when I look at her, my heart's exposed..

In an instant, our clothes were scattered on the floor. I was breathing heavily as she pressed her body against mine. She was a natural.

But the diamond ring on her left hand still sparkled in the dim candlelight, a constant reminder of how wrong this was. I kept waiting for the moment when he'd come bursting through the door, screaming in anger as he beat her to the ground right in front of me.. again.

She deserved better, and I knew that I could be anything and everything she ever needed. But until she agreed to leave him, I was powerless.

But right now she was in my bed, a married woman.. lying naked between my sheets. This was wrong.

Madeline's POV:
I knew everything I was doing with Charles meant I was also cheating on Robert, but for whatever reason I didn't care. I knew that Charles was the one man I truly loved.

I wanted this more than anything.

He slowly entered me, gently rocking his hips. "You feel amazing," he panted.

I smirked lightly. "Wow.. and I thought you said you weren't any good at the physical stuff," I laughed. "Not that I'm complaining or anything.."

He blushed softly and shrugged. "I may have fibbed a little," he whispered.

He kept thrusting as I felt the knot begin to form in my stomach."Charles," I whispered. "Charles..." Words failed me as a wave of pleasure wash over me. It felt like I was seeing stars.

This was heaven, and I couldn't imagine a better end to our evening.

That is, until we were interrupted.

"Oh, hell no!" someone shouted. Charles and I both froze as we turned our heads to see the one person we hoped would never find us.. Robert.