Chapter 12: Electric Touch

A few weeks later...

Madeline's POV:
It had been a few weeks since Charles had gotten out of the hospital, and I'd decided to go over to his apartment to surprise him. I waited until Robert had left for the evening, slipping into my sexiest dress and doing my hair the way I knew he loved.

Of course I knew I'd be in trouble if I got caught, but the feeling of being kept away from him for so long was driving me insane. I just had to see him again.

I'd hoped that tonight we could finally be one with each other. I hadn't kissed him in so long I'd almost forgotten what it felt like to be with him.

The last time we were alone together, he'd talked about his desire to start a family someday. I'd also wanted children for as long as I could remember, but Robert had always denied my request, saying that children were nothing more than a waste of time and space.

The moment I stepped off the train, Charles was waiting for me. "You know, I've had this sneaking suspicion all day that you'd be coming by tonight.." he chuckled.

"Well, it seems to me like you guessed right, Mr. Milton," I whispered, twirling a strand of hair around my finger in an effort to get his attention.

"And dressed like that.. why, Mrs. Scotts! You must have something very specific on your mind tonight." His eyes drifted from my face down to my dress, the one Robert never liked because it was just tight enough to outline my curves.

"Maybe I do.." I whispered. "A lady never tells."

He smirked lightly as he reached for my hand. "You know something.. after what happened a few weeks ago, I kinda got the feeling you didn't want to see me again.." he muttered. "I felt like maybe I'd caused too much trouble for you."

"Well maybe I like a little bit of trouble," I said softly.

"Is that so? Well, if that's the case.. then I should be happy to oblige. That is.. if you don't mind things being a bit risqué," he laughed.

"I've never been satisfied.." I muttered. "And I do believe we were so rudely interrupted the last time."

He nodded slowly. "Indeed we were darling.. so, how late can we expect the warden to be tonight?" he asked.

"Oh, he won't be back for a while.." I purred. "Just so long as the cigars and brandy hold out."

"Then I suggest we take this back to my place," he whispered. "You know how much I hate wasting precious time.."

I nodded slowly. "Lead the way then, Mr. Milton," I whispered, taking his hand as he led me back to his apartment. It was exactly the way I remembered it, books strewn all over the floor and dishes still piled high in the sink. And no matter how many times he tried to apologize, I was having none of it.

"Charles.. I didn't come here just to listen to you apologize for the condition of your apartment," I laughed. "Just shut up and kiss me already."

He nodded slowly, taking slow steps towards me before gathering me in his arms, kissing me with more passion than I'd ever felt before in my life.

"God, I've missed this.." he whispered.

I nodded slowly. "Me too.."

He kissed me again, holding me close as we stumbled to the bedroom. I'd almost forgotten what it felt like, to be truly loved by someone.

Charles' POV:
My hands tugged at her dress, letting it fall to the floor with ease as it pooled at her feet.

The kiss was electric, and I quickly found myself hoping this wouldn't be just a one night stand. I wanted so much more.

"You know.. I heard what you said about wanting to start a family that day," she whispered. "And I've been thinking.. I don't know. Could you possibly see me as the mother of your children?"

I let my lips rise from her neck as I looked deeply and lovingly into her eyes. "Of course I could. In fact, there's no one else I'd rather start a family with."

She smiled softly. "Good. Because I feel the exact same way."

"But.. what about Robert?" I asked nervously. "You are still a married woman, after all. It might be kinda hard for us to start a family of our own with him still in the picture.."

"I'll get a divorce," she said. "I've been wanting to for years, I just haven't had a decent enough excuse."

"You mean other than the fact that he literally blackmailed you into marriage?" I asked. "Well, what about an annulment?"

"I suppose it's possible.. the marriage was never consummated. I rejected his advances," she said. "But he's basically used me as everything from doting housewife to seductive sex slave since then.."

"Even though you said no?" I asked.

She nodded slowly.

"So you mean he literally raped you?"

"No.. of course not. It's not like that, I promise."

I sighed heavily. "Madeline, if he made any sexual advancements towards you without your consent, then that could be considered as rape, and he could go to prison for that. It doesn't matter if he's considered your husband or not, you can press charges against him," I said.

"I don't know, Charles.. it seems awfully risky. Maybe we should just leave it alone.."

"Oh hell no! I'm not gonna let him get away with this Madeline. He needs to pay for what he's done to you, and even if it's the last thing I do.. he will pay."